Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)

What's the difference?

kittykittykittykitty New MemberRegistered Posts: 6
What's the difference between the evidence you need to provide for 'Performance Criteria' and the evidence you need to provide for 'Knowledge & Understanding'?

I seem to be referring to the same stuff for both (Unit 22 - Health & Safety), and our tutor hasn't given an explanation.

For example, one says:
'How to organise your own work area so that you and others can work efficiently',

and the other says:
'Organise the work area you are responsible for, so that you and others can work efficiently'

Surely the EVIDENCE used is going to be the same for both?

Comments

• Portsmouth_AATPortsmouth_AAT Feels At Home Registered Posts: 96
    kittykitty wrote: »
    What's the difference between the evidence you need to provide for 'Performance Criteria' and the evidence you need to provide for 'Knowledge & Understanding'?

I seem to be referring to the same stuff for both (Unit 22 - Health & Safety), and our tutor hasn't given an explanation.

For example, one says:
    'How to organise your own work area so that you and others can work efficiently',

and the other says:
    'Organise the work area you are responsible for, so that you and others can work efficiently'

Surely the EVIDENCE used is going to be the same for both?

i think its to ensure there is a criteria, and then that you understand it, but if you show this in one section you should get a tick in both boxes, you shouldnt need to give 2 answers!!
  • LeeS2009LeeS2009 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,515
    i think its to ensure there is a criteria, and then that you understand it, but if you show this in one section you should get a tick in both boxes, you shouldnt need to give 2 answers!!

yes your right, i did the health & safety last year, and a lot of it was monotonous, i can remember thinking how stupid it was to have to have to answer the question, and then have to answer another question using exactly the same answer, I just referred to the previous answer and laboured the importance of it.

(Does that make sense?)
  • kittykittykittykitty New Member Registered Posts: 6
    That's great, thanks for the input.