Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)

Exam Panic

Donna-76Donna-76 Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 4
Just looked at practice exam for Foundation NVQ - god i dont think i`m going to get this by Dec 1st......i read that it says that programmable calculators are not to be taken into the exam - does this mean all calculators??? As there is no way i can cope with doing all manual maths??? Please advise

Comments

• Portsmouth_AATPortsmouth_AAT Feels At Home Registered Posts: 96
    Donna-76 wrote: »
    Just looked at practice exam for Foundation NVQ - god i dont think i`m going to get this by Dec 1st......i read that it says that programmable calculators are not to be taken into the exam - does this mean all calculators??? As there is no way i can cope with doing all manual maths??? Please advise

dont panic, you are aloud calculators!!!
    but you should also show your workings and not just the final answer as this can gain you valuable marks!! if you shouw each stage and get it wrong you can still get marks as long as the process of your calculation was right, where as if you only put the answer and get it wrong you get a big fat 0!!
  • DiannewDiannew Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,814
    Donna....just keep doing as many practice papers as possible YOU will be fine
  • Donna-76Donna-76 Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    Phew...

Thanks guys - i`ve done some other practice papers and my assessor has said to make sure i show the workings, so its clear i know why i`m doing things and how.

I hope i get it in the end, i`m finding distance learning a bit tough at the mo - i started end of sept so guess i need to give it more time, just does not seem to long until 1st dec exam.