Not Feelin' the love - lol

Options
oh confused one
oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
On here you all seem to know each other quite well and thats cool, I have gleaned quite a bit of info of answers to peoples queries. But no-one ever seems to answer my queries, and I feel ever so unloved :-(

I am struggling a lot with my project and PCR (not got a brill tutor for the PCR tbh) can someone perhaps give me some ideas of what I will really need to concentrate on for PCR - I would be ever so grateful

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    pcr is all about learning the formulas and learning why you are learning them. i enjoyed pcr and passed it first time, and i am also nearing the end of my project.

is there anything in particular you are stuck on?

Tracy
  • oh confused one
    oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Mainly trying to get started with the project atm - I have "the idea" but it doesn't seem to fit all of the required criteria, I feel that surely there isn't a way of including ALL of them in a project when you work in a small accountants practice. It seems very heavily weighted in favour of big firms with an accounting dept that is a seperate entity

Like I said we don't seem to have a very good tutor for PCR - his method is making us "take notes" as he dictates and then gives an example - so getting a bit bogged down - I borrowed the PCR book from the college library and he seems to be jumping all over the place with his sessions - is it me or is that the way other tutors go about it.

I have to add I changed colleges this year for Tech level because the one I was at didn't offer it
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    If it is only a couple of criteria then note the numbers and let your tutor know. They will do a final interview for the project and can ask a few questions and record your answers to confirm you understand the areas in question.

Re. PCR I found it only sunk in when I did every question I could lay my hands on to consolidate the knowledge.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    for pcr i can highly recommend going through past papers. i did it a question at a time. if i could not answer the question confidently i would go back and re-read the book.

Learning the formulas thoroughly will help, but you will need to learn why you use such formulas. i thought rote learning would get me through, but you need to be able to draw on your knowledge of the formulas and why you do them for some of the memo's and report writing.

unit 10 is not so bad once you get going. break it down section by section and you will be surprised how quickly it all comes together. dont worry about mapping it yet, as your tutor should tell you what needs to be improved upon or not needed. write down your initial idea and go from there. the first paragraph is the hardest.

Tracy
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    Portsmouth_AAT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    On here you all seem to know each other quite well and thats cool, I have gleaned quite a bit of info of answers to peoples queries. But no-one ever seems to answer my queries, and I feel ever so unloved :-(

I am struggling a lot with my project and PCR (not got a brill tutor for the PCR tbh) can someone perhaps give me some ideas of what I will really need to concentrate on for PCR - I would be ever so grateful

For your project the best way to get started is to asses the system/process you have at the moment by a SWOT analysis, and work from their. The rest of the project should link from the findings.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Does anyone have a list of all the forula for PCR?
Privacy Policy