Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

First simulation tonight! Please help

carlyloucarlylou New MemberRegistered Posts: 13
Hi everyone.
I have my first simulation at college tonight on Reports and returns and i'm very worried, i've been revising but is there anything you can recommend i really pay extra attention too that you know comes up? and is there alot of graphs and charts?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much
Carly x

Comments

• Claire321Claire321 Well-Known Registered Posts: 209
    Hi Carly,

Have you looked through some past papers / samples? This will give you an idea of the layout and roughly what you might expect.

I sat this simulation a few weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. There was one question which required a graph to be drawn, it was just a fairly simple bar graph, on squared paper provided in the answer book. I think it is likely there will only be one question requiring a graph/chart to be drawn.

I would recommend making sure you understand indexing figures to a base figure, Calculating Gross/net Profit percentages and sales increases/decreases as a percentage of a previous year/quarter. You will need to be able to complete a VAT return using the figures given. There is also likely to be a few short questions on various areas, but I would ensure your read up on VAT, the various rates applicable, exempt items etc.

Regards

Claire
  • davebyrnedavebyrne Just Joined Registered Posts: 2
    I'm in the same boat. I've checked the website and can't find any mention of Unit 34 anywhere. It doesn't even appear in the official exam list! A little help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave.
  • davebyrnedavebyrne Just Joined Registered Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tips Claire.

You are a goddess. :)
  • carlyloucarlylou New Member Registered Posts: 13
    Yes thank you claire great help!....just one other thing did you find you needed the whole 3 hours assigned for the simulation? Just seems a bit long to me.
    :-)
  • Claire321Claire321 Well-Known Registered Posts: 209
    No three hours is quite long, I took just over two hours, there's plenty of time to check you answers or have a think and be careful as you go along. Might be an idea to take some coloured pencils to make you chart/graph look professional, and it also highlights the differences, which you are likely to need to comment on.
  • carlyloucarlylou New Member Registered Posts: 13
    Oh ok great i'll pick some up today thanks very much for your help.