Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

re: evidence.. help!!

i am a little confused as to what evidence i can put into my portfolio, as i do not work,,, my college doesnt seem to help too much either, any suggestions would be greatfully accepted... thankz

Comments

• Purple GoosePurple Goose Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Thank-you Sabrina, this is the problem I'm having...

I originally registered the diploma route because I was made redundant over the summer and I was advised that was the best route to do. Then a few weeks later I got a job offering study support and because businesses only get funding for the NVQ route I changed pathway (presuming that my new job would only provide payment if funding was available). It turned out they supported either NVQ/Diploma, but now I'm stuck having to do the portfolio and I haven't got a clue where to start.

Doing distance learning I haven't got much guidance on what I need to put in it either, so sorry this post doesn't answer your question, but it's great to know I'm not on my own!! :)

To people who read this and DO know what goes in it, do you know if the following is acceptable:

1. Can you 'make up' dummy companies and use this as evidence - if so, what would you need to back it up to show that your work meets the standards (I have Sage at home)

2. Can you write comprehension-type answers to show your knowledge and then reference this back to the student record - ie stuff about understanding H&S, Data Protection Act, etc

Any other help or advice is welcome too!!
  • coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 794
    You should only need work based evidence for Units 22 and 23 and possibly Unit 21 (depending whether you do the Sage assessment or not). At our centre we give students the opportunity to put together a report that includes work based evidence as well as narrative answers to meet the standards.

Sabrina - if you're not working then Diploma route may be a better option for you. You can do case studies for Units 22 and 23 though. The college will probably charge you extra for these as they have to buy them from the AAT.

Purple Goose - you may be able to change your route back to Diploma, depends how much of the NVQ you've already done. As you're working you will have to provide the work based evidence (if you continue with NVQ) and it needs to be real evidence. Your distance learning provider should help you with this, it's their job.

coojee
  • sabrina1978sabrina1978 New Member Registered Posts: 8
    re: evidence ... help!!

i am unable to do diploma as im government funded... however i have decided to work thru the kaplan books and cross reference it against my student record from AAT,, hope this is goin to be enough,,
    thanks for the suggestion though