Should you take exams in order?

PurkiestPurkiest Just JoinedPosts: 1Registered
Hi All, this may seem like a very dumb question but should you take exams in Unit orders? For some weird and wonderful reason that I can not now fathom I have elected to sit Unit 3 and then Unit 5 for the December exams not having taken any prior exams???

Have I totally cocked up here? Are we able to change our exams?? Help someone please, I suddently feel very daunted, and am now worried I have left my self to little time to do anything that may be effective to aiding me in passing these exams for these Units.....

P

Comments

• jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 1,774Registered
    Hi,

Unit 3 is Foundation Level and Unit 5 is Intermediate. Are you doing this Distance Learning?

I am doing my AAT by Distance Learning through Premier Training (Diploma Route). I did my Introductory Accounting Unit 30 (equivalent to Unit 3) last year and did Unit 5 in June this year and am doing Unit 6 in two weeks time.

If you have a tutor they should advise you as to what units you need to do for each level of the course. The Unit numbers are not in ascending order.

Julie
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 2,492Registered
    You need to take them in order in that you sit all foundation first, then intermediate etc.

But i think you can sit the actual units in any order, however i'd advise sitting unit 8&9 together.
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Posts: 6,970Registered
    i think the only units you dont sit in order will be level 4 e.g and doing unit 11 and 19 this december
  • NeilHNeilH Trusted Regular Posts: 547Registered
    Hi

In theory you can take the units in any order you like - you could infact take technician/diploma before taking foundation if you wished!

There is a logical progression through the units that you would probably be advised to to follow as some units asume previous knowledge before you start studying. However, unit numbers themselves don't necessarily indicate the order to follow.

Neil
  • lisniclisnic Well-Known Posts: 141Registered
    i did unit 30 then skills unit 31 then in next diet unit 5 and 6 together so as 5 is next exam from unit 30 (in your case 3) then i would say you will be ok and also a lot of unit 30 follows on into 5