Last Min Exam Revision

Tina WTina W New MemberPosts: 6Registered
Hi everyone - first time I have posted on here, but I have been following it a lot and it has proven to be very useful so far.
I am due to sit my first exam on the 1st, and have been doing some past exam papers in preparation, which I have found fairly useful. Its been a while since I have sat a exam, so I was wondering if anyone has any good tips?
I dont want to cram too much in as I know this will make me panic, but I also know it feels like a lot I dont know!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Oh, I have also just been onto my account and apparantly have a outstanding invoice for student membership - this is the first I have heard about it! Does anyone know if the AAT would contact you? Just worried if I dont pay it I wont be able to get my exam results!

Comments

• ThomasDThomasD Settling In Nicely Posts: 19Registered
    Which text books have you been using to study?

I use Osborne and find them very good.

Which part/s of the exam are you worried about? I am not 110% on payroll. Will re read section in textbook (for the 4th time) tonight.

Good luck!
  • Tina WTina W New Member Posts: 6Registered
    I have just been using the home learning college textbooks, which are useful up to a certain point!
    My main concern is journal entries as no matter how many times I go through it, it will not stay in my head! Also slightly concerned about wage control accounts as I can't seem to remember what should be CR and what should be DR!

Is there anything I can help with on Payroll? This is one area I am confident in as it is part of my current job role!

Good luck :)
  • MargaMarga Experienced Mentor Posts: 981Registered
    hi i use HLC too ...

a tip for journal entries i use is "WRITE EVERYTHING"

i write what that question is telling me that happened (that is the "was" line ) written in the accounts in red
    i write what it should have happened (that is the "should be line") written in the accounts in blue
    then i write what i need to do to fix the problem (that is the "fix it" line) written in the accounts in black

that at the end tells you what needs to be DR's and CR's specially if you are using different colour pens