Exam today, no photo ID, awesome.

SharleenSharleen Feels At HomePosts: 36Registered
Just wanted to share. Took the day off work yesterday to get a few chores out of the way and decided to finally get my passport renewal sorted. Trotted off to the post office and handed all the paperwork over, including my current passport, feeling quite pleased with myself.

Only then did I decide to look at my exam info which specifies photo ID is required, I don't have a drivers licence! So I've spent the morning of the exam stressing out, on the phone with AAT and trying to find my birth certificate.

I shall turn up at the exam centre clutching a rubbish scanned copy of my passport, my birth certificate and my best 'I'm trustworthy please let me in' face.

Not what you need before an exam!

Good luck everyone. Hope those sitting the exam this afternoon have had a better morning than me!

Comments

• SarahhawkSarahhawk New Member Posts: 8Registered
    Hi!
    I think your college pass is enough as ID.
    I always take my driving license but so far have not been asked for it!
  • SharleenSharleen Feels At Home Posts: 36Registered
    Unfortunately I don't have a college ID as I'm on distance learning. I think it'll all come down to the person I get and how strict they are. Eek!
  • jiltjilt Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 2,903Registered
    Sharleen I'm sure you'll be fine, to be honest my passport photo looks nothing like me so if there's a jobsworth in barnsley where I'm sitting I'll have blown it!

Good luck with your exam
  • SharleenSharleen Feels At Home Posts: 36Registered
    Thanks jilt, that makes me feel better. Definitely my own stupid fault for not reading the details properly before.
  • SarahhawkSarahhawk New Member Posts: 8Registered
    Good luck!
  • donnas1977donnas1977 Well-Known Posts: 182Registered
    Good Luck to All sitting today
  • MWAUGH1983MWAUGH1983 Trusted Regular Posts: 420Registered
    Sharleen wrote: »
    Thanks jilt, that makes me feel better. Definitely my own stupid fault for not reading the details properly before.

I never read the docket properly either - thought the exam monday pm was 2pm start and looked at the infor on monday morning and it said 13:30pm I was like what the hell; good job I looked!!!

Martin