Unit 3 - PLB Exam - how did we do then?

freck59freck59 Feels At HomePosts: 39Registered
I got right muddled up in the first part and couldn't get the trial balance to balance! Instead of freaking out completely I took a deep breath and counted slowly to ten and then started checking what I'd done.

Stoooooopid error - I'd put a figure of £1880 down as £1800 (or vice versa!) and once I'd changed that - it all balanced. Much to my complete surprise!

Part 2 was a blur... I can hardly remember any of the questions because I was getting my knickers in a knot about 2.8 - the dreaded journal! But I did what people here suggested and wrote down what it had been put down as, what it should be and then to my surprise I could see how to correct it. By that stage lots of people were leaving and I was trying not to notice them but its like saying don't think of an elephant - straight away one pops into your mind.

I didn't think the exam was too bad. I've done all the past exams since 2003 to try and get my head around it and that really helped. One question threw me and that was the answer as to why the reconciliation was out by £2075.... I just threw that mark away I think :(

Hope everyone has done ok and is enjoying the relief of it all being over as I am!

Comments

• margery dawemargery dawe Just Joined Posts: 4Registered
    Were you doing the NVQ exam?
  • freck59freck59 Feels At Home Posts: 39Registered
    Were you doing the NVQ exam?

Yes the Unit 3 - PLB at NVQ level 2.
  • MargaMarga Experienced Mentor Posts: 981Registered
    hi is this the same as unit 30 for the diploma pathway? IAC thats what they call it?

some of your answers (like the 2075 difference) sound familiar
  • freck59freck59 Feels At Home Posts: 39Registered
    Marga wrote: »
    hi is this the same as unit 30 for the diploma pathway? IAC thats what they call it?

some of your answers (like the 2075 difference) sound familiar

No this is the NVQ pathway (unfortunately)! Trial balances, reconciliations, cashbooks, opening and closing balances... all very basic stuff but when you've only spent 8 lessons of 3 hours each doing it - it was very daunting!

Are you doing the diploma then? I wonder if the papers are similar?
  • MargaMarga Experienced Mentor Posts: 981Registered
    freck59 wrote: »
    No this is the NVQ pathway (unfortunately)! Trial balances, reconciliations, cashbooks, opening and closing balances... all very basic stuff but when you've only spent 8 lessons of 3 hours each doing it - it was very daunting!

Are you doing the diploma then? I wonder if the papers are similar?

hi yeah i am doing the diploma and it is about the same thing, SDB posting to the ledgers, bnank reconcilliations, invoices, all that so i am guessing it is the same? i remember in my exam it said IAC and another name so maybe it was the same?

it was blue btw lol

i remember questions like who is the payee? and the drawer of a cheque? i guess it was the same