Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Kaplan - Unit 31/Unit 34, 35 & 36 ?!?!?!

Rebecca498Rebecca498 Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 33
Hi All,

Very confused at the moment! According to my AAT website I should be studying for Unit 31 after taking Unit 30 exam in December. However my next set of text books from Kaplan say unit 34, 35 & 36 all over them! No mention of unit 31!

Are they the same units somehow, or does anyone know if I have been given the wrong workbooks?

Tried phoning Kaplan tonight, but they are closed due to "adverse weather conditions"

Any insight would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• mini_schnauzermini_schnauzer Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 347
    Unit 31 has been replaced by Unit 34, 35 & 36.
    You have the correct books for that unit and simulation.
  • f1g0f1g0 Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am also with Kaplan, looking to book the supervised simulation for unit 31 at my local centre.

Is this something I arrange with Kaplan direct, or, like the Unit 30 exam, something booked through the AAT website.

Thanks
  • alexmitchellalexmitchell Feels At Home Registered Posts: 58
    f1go,

I'd like to know the answer to this one as well

My Kaplan work programme has the actual dates for my real test simulations so im assuming its all booked up and you dont have to go through the aat,

Im gonna email my study tutor to double check

will keep you posted

;)
    hey,

just got an email back from kaplan

apparently unit 31 has no extra fees to pay (to the aat or them). Its all inclusive..

wahey!

f1go, are you a kaplan distance learner too?
  • f1g0f1g0 Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    Hey evilaleksander,

Thanks for the replies.

Yep im with kaplan distance, sat the unit 30 exam in dec and just need to get over my xmas hangover now and crack on with this new unit.

Did kaplan mention if they have already booked a date for you? I imagine I will be same scenario so best get in touch myself tomorrow, see what kind of timeframe I have!!
  • dziumbrauskaitedziumbrauskaite Feels At Home Registered Posts: 42
    Hey guys,

I am with Kaplan too- distance learner. I just started to study now unit 34, was so lazy after the Dec exam :)
    I emailed Kaplan and they confirmed, that I can book simulation whenever I am ready and feel prepared. So I think i would be fine. Hope that by the next weekend I will be able to do the progress test and send it to Kaplan for marking.
    By tte way, how do you guys find the Unit31 (or 34, 35 & 36 Units) ?
    Hey

f1go, you might find on your study work programme you have dates already set as i do. They have given me unit 31;

AWS sim (part 1 and 2) 19/02/10
    AWS sim (part 3) 19/03/10

You probably got similar dates. I go to kaplan Bristol

dzium, Im up to chapter 8 so far (planning to take my first progress test on sunday/monday) and its been ok. Chapter 7 was a killer and I still need to go back over it a few more times but im getting there. Damn ratios!

How are you getting on?
    Hey Alex,

oh yes, agree with you, chapter 7 definite killer.

I just finished reading it, but I need to go back, thats for sure.. Its so confusing!

At the moment I feel like I gonna give up my studies... :(
  • Rebecca498Rebecca498 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 33
    Hey,

You are all much further ahead than me on unit 34/35/36 or unit 31 lol. After the Dec exam I didnt even touch a text book until January 4th. Catching up now though.

Im doing distance learning too and remember vaguely talk of a simulation exam when i signed up, but cannot remember anything more than that, so to read that you have dates in February for something simulation-wise is starting to set off the panic in me! And I'm not looking forward to chapter 7 either!
  • NO BUSINESS CASENO BUSINESS CASE Feels At Home Registered Posts: 85
    Evening folks and a happy new year! This is my last one for Level 3 Advanced Certificate before moving to Diploma Level 4 (home study BPP).

The computer part of the unit do we need to download anything for SAGE ro do we just read it in the book and hope for the best on simulation day. The unit package has turned up today but havent got round to reading it all but sounds like the simulation is in 2 bits. Would that be a written part and then a separate computer bit?

Apologies if this sounds like a stupid question and I will start stufying at the weekend!!!!
  • NO BUSINESS CASENO BUSINESS CASE Feels At Home Registered Posts: 85
    Just spoken to the dear people of BPP and can now see the wood for the trees re: Unit 31!!
    hey Rebecca,

oh, I am the same as you. I remembered my study book just in 5 Jan.. Hope by tom I will be ok to do the progress test send by Kaplan to me.

and for the simulations... I emailed Kaplan and Ive got the answer back:

''On your work programme there will be suggested dates for a progress test and practice simulation. These are practice papers which you can submit for marking to receive feedback.

The progress test is submitted after the first 9 chapters and the practice simulation is submitted once you have also read the chapters on computerised accounting and worked through the Sage study manual. The dates on your work programme are a guideline and the practices can be submitted earlier or later.

The live simulation is split into three sections and can be taken at any time. You will need to be supervised for parts 1 & 2 but part 3 does not need to be supervised. There is a list of supervisors in your student handbook, you will organise supervision and then submit the attached request form. We can then forward the relevant files to your supervisor.''

So , we have time to study without any panic :)
  • Rebecca498Rebecca498 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 33
    Hey, thanks for all of that, you've helped clear up a lot for me! I appreciate it!