Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Where to study?

lalaxkatlalaxkat Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 3
Hi

Just looking into different places to start AAT and not sure which would be best as they all seem to be just about selling a product.

Kaplan seems to be the main one but not sure if its just because they have got their name out everywhere.

Does anyone have any opinions or experiences with Kaplan that may be helpful? Or maybe suggestions for other colleges that are good?

I would like to do distance learning going down the Diploma pathway.

Kat

Comments

• steveJsteveJ Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 694
    Well i dont really know about Kaplan. I know that they are one of the leaders, but check out Premier Training.

www.premiertraining.co.uk

I have studied with them for about a year and half now and they have been great. Tutor on hand ready for any questions sometimes up until 8 at night!

They also offer a great payment plan...

for example:

A course costing £500 can be split into 4 monthly payment.

i.e £125 in February, £125 in April, £125 in June and £125 in August..

This is what i use and it really does help instead of one big chunk...

Check 'em out and good luck
  • alexmitchellalexmitchell Feels At Home Registered Posts: 58
    Im with kaplan and get on with them great. Would recommend them and they were the cheapest at the time (about £420 for foundation i think). Also they are the largest financial training provider in the uk so you know you're in safe hands
  • lalaxkatlalaxkat Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Thanks for your replies.

It is good to know that Kaplan is good as it is the one I have been leaning towards. Do you know if Kaplan does a finance plan, allowing you to pay the fee in small parts?

I hadn't heard of Premier Training before and just checked it out briefly to check on what you get and how much etc...and it seems it is cheaper than Kaplan...another possibilty.

If anyone else has any feedback it will be most appreciated :)

Kat
  • Lou1234Lou1234 Well-Known Registered Posts: 210
    I'm another vote for Premier Training.

I've completed Foundation and Intermediate with them and am currently studying Technician with them.

Assignments are marked and returned in good time, they work late 2 nights a week so you can call them if you need help and they reply to e-mails in very good time!
  • lalaxkatlalaxkat Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    How do you go about doing the simulations? I know it gives a list of acceptable people, but just wondering how you personally do them and how you find them.

Kat
  • Lou1234Lou1234 Well-Known Registered Posts: 210
    I sit them at work in an office. My Finance Director is my main signatory and he gets the simulation before the agreed date and keeps it locked away.

On the day while I'm in the office he checks on me every now and then while I'm doing it to ensure I'm not cheating. He then signs something confirming he checked on me etc and it is all sent back.

I'm lucky and my work are really flexible with allowing me to complete them during work time and I don't have to use holiday.