Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

where to study?

iryna00UKiryna00UK Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 3
Hi everybody.

I need an advice, please. I am thinking to get an AAT qualification. Have tried different distance learning webs; don’t know which one is the best. Does anyone hear about or study with Home Learning College? Seems to me a good one, but the price for AAT certificate Level 2 is £1644 include everything: books, tutoring, PC program, students pass, etc. Is it a normal price or to high? Thanks.

Comments

• Lou1234Lou1234 Well-Known Registered Posts: 210
    I am studying with Premier Training and have had no problems with them. I am currently studying Technician and completed Foundation and Intermediate with them. If you look further down this page there is a thread also called 'where to study' which has a fair few replies.

There is a long thread on the Home Learning College that is worth reading on the main Student Discussion page (about 6 threads down). General opinion from what I have read is that they charge an awful lot of money for what they provide!
  • iryna00UKiryna00UK Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Hi Lou1234

I will definitely look at Premier Training. That is what I though as well about Home Learning College.They charge too much. Any way thanks for your advice.
  • SandyHoodSandyHood Font Of All Knowledge Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034
    I generally favour college based courses where you can learn from classmates as well as the classes themselves.
    If this isn't possible Eagle are another distance learning organisation, and one that I would recommend.
    Eagle is smaller than Kaplan and BPP. Sonya Ashbarry is the Director, and I am happy to recommend her to you.

http://www.eagle-education.co.uk/
    Sandy
    [email protected]
    www.sandyhood.com
  • alexmitchellalexmitchell Feels At Home Registered Posts: 58
    Do not go with home learning college whatever you do!!!!

Do a search, somewhere theres a huge post on how bad they are. The HLC has even tried to resolve the issues on the forum via that post... they have a shockingly bad reputation.

Im with kaplan which are pretty good but considering switching to premier training as i beleive they use the osbourne books which I have heard are very good. The kaplan books are quite good but could be much better in my opinion.
  • iryna00UKiryna00UK Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Thank you all for a help. I will check more options and hopefully choose one.