Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Double Entry

Hi

I know someone might have posted this already but...was just wondering does anyone know where I can get some double entry practise questions?

I feel that in my class we have moved on way too fast past double entry we had 6 hours on it and I dont feel comfy in it.

We talked about Asset, Libialities, Expensives etc on the first lesson and not gone back over it since....any help with practise questions I would be grateful

Thanks x

Comments

• A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    Hi Cookie

Have you tried e-learning if you log in to your aat there is a really go on-line teaching aid that got me through if you have problems finding it give me a yell :)
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster New Member Registered Posts: 14
    Thanks! I will have a look into those things. I liked the game of accounts, lets just hope if I keep practicing it then it will hopefully sink in lol x
  • sasahdeaseysasahdeasey New Member Registered Posts: 11
    Relaxxxxx! Double entry will be with you forever, you'll keeeeeep going over the same ol' thing.

I can't work out all this Liabilities, Expenses rubbish. I work on my own method:

When you are making a sale, credit the sales account. Ergo, you also credit the VAT account and the SLCA.

When you are making a purchase, debit the purchases account. Again, credit the PLCA and debit the VAT.

ALWAYS credit the bank if you are making a payment.

See, simples! :]
  • mollymoomollymoo Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 23

When you are making a sale, credit the sales account. Ergo, you also credit the VAT account and the SLCA.

Don't you mean debit the SLCA?
  • CriggersCriggers Feels At Home Registered Posts: 53
    Relaxxxxx! Double entry will be with you forever, you'll keeeeeep going over the same ol' thing.

I can't work out all this Liabilities, Expenses rubbish. I work on my own method:

When you are making a purchase, debit the purchases account. Again, credit the PLCA and debit the VAT.

ALWAYS credit the bank if you are making a payment.

See, simples! :]

For sales - Credit the Net Amount to Sales and VAT to VAT, Debit the Gross to SLC
    For purchases - Debit the Net Amount to Purchases and VAT to VAT (surprise!), Credit the Gross PLC

Every debit has a credit. The Gross goes in the control.
  • sdvsdv Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 585
    Hi

I know someone might have posted this already but...was just wondering does anyone know where I can get some double entry practise questions?

We talked about Asset, Libialities, Expensives etc on the first lesson and not gone back over it since....any help with practise questions I would be grateful

Thanks x

Try these sites

they may help

http://wps.pearsoned.co.uk/ema_uk_he_wood_busacct_10/32/8331/2132831.cw/index.html

http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/quiz/show_category.php?qid=Business%20Accounts

http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/quiz/show_category.php?qid=AAT CLICK ON QUIzZES ABOVE "aat"