Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Newbie = Help!!!

chrmd145chrmd145 New MemberRegistered Posts: 5
I have just started NVQ level 2 and this is going to sound soo stupid but i really dont know where to start!!

I havent heard anything from a tutor yet and have just been given a load of books and dont know what im meant to work from? is it the study texts? or the simulations? and do i just crack on with the activities as my first deadline is fast approaching!!

Any help would be gratefully received as im drowing in my books!!!!

Thanks

Hayley

Comments

• Claire321Claire321 Well-Known Registered Posts: 209
    Hi Hayley,

I would start reading through the study text and work through any practice activities that there are in the study text.

The simulations will be more to practice once you have learnt all of the syllabus, as you will need to sit this to complete the unit.

It might seem like a lot of information to take in and learn to start with, but read the information through and practice questions and activies as you go.

Good luck

Claire
  • valentino46valentino46 Well-Known Registered Posts: 124
    hi,

claire seems to have pointed you in the right direction, i dont know what books you are using, i used osborne books and they look like a right mountain to climb when you first get them. The units are seperated and all follow on from one another so i used to read all of the chapters in the unit then go back read the first chapter and attepmt any tutorial or workbook q's.

rob
  • chrmd145chrmd145 New Member Registered Posts: 5
    Rob/Claire,

Thanks for your help!! I was definitely getting a bit confused with the amounts of books etc coming my way! Im using Kaplan books Rob, but they sounds quite similar to yours!! I have began Unit 1 and am seeing clearer already!

Good luck to you both in your studies!! and Thanks again!

Hayles