Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Unit 22 Health and Safety

tracieromtracierom Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 2
Is anyone else struggling with this? I have been given the 3 books, data, scenario and answer, and told to get on with it at home! I am having to use the scenario given as not in a work environment. I can't find any information on the net that really applies to the scenario's given and having to guess at the answers. So is this just me being thick and can anyone suggest where to look to get help! Thanks guys. x

Comments

• john.carter14john.carter14 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 22
    You have to read the scenario then imagine that you are in that scenario some of the answers are given if you read through it, BUT it is a bugger to be fair. Looking on the net will not help you as this is supposed to be a workbased scenario
  • Sweetpotato ChipsSweetpotato Chips Well-Known Registered Posts: 173
    tracierom wrote: »
    Is anyone else struggling with this? I have been given the 3 books, data, scenario and answer, and told to get on with it at home! I am having to use the scenario given as not in a work environment. I can't find any information on the net that really applies to the scenario's given and having to guess at the answers. So is this just me being thick and can anyone suggest where to look to get help! Thanks guys. x
    Go on to the HSE website and you can download all the regulations and there are also risk assesments you can print out and fill in. Or try Businessballs.com apparently thats a good website aswell. Good luck passed my Unit 22 before christmas its a bugger alright !!
  • LilyflowerLilyflower Feels At Home Registered Posts: 54
    Hi there! I was lucky when I did this as I work in the public sector.

I noticed that a lot of the Rules and regulations that we adopt in my organisation come direct from HSE.

If you type hse.gov.uk into the 'Ask' search the first line result brings up an into to the web site with links to

Stress
    Publications
    Asbestos
    Coshh - Control of Substances Harardous to health
    First aid at work
    Risk Management etc

There is also a useful 'Contact HSE' link

You should be able to find pretty much everything you need there including lots of information on H&S Acts.

Good luck
    Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • ToffeemadblueToffeemadblue Well-Known Registered Posts: 102
    Hi Tracierom,
    When I passes this unit I used workplace evidence which wasn't demanding in thinking terms but very time-consuming and somewhat tedious. I remember looking at the scenario that one of my colleagues had to do and was glad I didn't have to do it.
    You don't mention whether you have a textbook? we were using the Osbourne books an the office skills book which covered Units 21,22 & 23 was very useful. If you don't have a book then I suggest you think about general ideas of H&S ( as well as the detail recomended by other posters) by this I mean things like

who is responsible for H&S and when
    what are the communication strategies
    how are hazards notified
    and to whom
    etc

Then think about the scenario and apply common sense solutions but express them in relation to best H&S practice and reference them to appropriate legistlation.
    This is what the simulation is designed to test
    Good luck