Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Data & Tasks Simulations

redzhellredzhell Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 26
Hello,

Just downloaded the Data and Tasks Simulations (Parts 1 - 3) from MyAAT in preparation for my real simulation but couldn't find the answers to check my work against.

Does anyone know?

Comments

• RinskeRinske Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,453
    They may be hidden in the chief assessors report at the very bottom of the file!
  • redzhellredzhell Feels At Home Registered Posts: 26
    Hiya,

No there are 9 files all accounted for and no chief assessors report. That was applicable to Unit 30 but I'm on unit 31 now...
  • dziumbrauskaitedziumbrauskaite Feels At Home Registered Posts: 42
    Hey Redzhell,

could you please tell me from where you downloading simulations?

many thanks!
    By the way, Redzhell, did you do the first simulation? How was itt?

I just done my practise simulation, which I will post today. And now I begin to read again from the chapter one as I dont remember anything I was reading and learking before... Im affraid I wount pass the simulation...
    Hey Redzhell,

could you please tell me from where you downloading simulations?

many thanks!

Hi, when you log on to AAT's main website and into MyAAT, click on the + symbol next to Certificate 2005 under the Study zone - past exam papers, familiarisation simulations and more... heading. When the option is expanded, you should see Unit 31 - Accounting Work Skills then click on the link. It will show 9 different files which consist of: 3 Specimen Familiarisation Simulation, 3 Answer Booklets and 3 Excel documents that you need for a question in each simulation.

It's a bit complicated the way they are layed out on the page that's why I was a bit confused what to do at first!

By the way, Redzhell, did you do the first simulation? How was itt?

I just done my practise simulation, which I will post today. And now I begin to read again from the chapter one as I dont remember anything I was reading and learking before... Im affraid I wount pass the simulation...

I have only done the practice simulation that Kaplan included in my portfolio - sent it back to the Distance Learning Team in Leeds but I'm still awaiting my result! I'll let you know when I get my paper back...

Booked my actual simulations for the 22nd March so I've got just over 2 weeks to revise - I'm petrified! I really don't like this unit at all :(.
    Hey,

thank you so much for your reply! Now I can practise!

I did the practise simulation which was included in portfolio, just I need to send it to Kaplan...I hope to do that today.

Hmmm... You are waiting so long for the results?Than for how long I need to wait, when I send it just today..Anyway, I plan to book my real simulation for the end of March, hope it will ok..

Oh, I totally agree with: I don't like this unit as well. I think the second simulation will be easier as I find Sage quite easy.

Yes, please, let me know about the results of your practise simulation. But I'm sure it will be all ok. :)
    Hey Redzhell,

how are you? Are you feeling prepared for the simulation?

Myself...hmmmm....not at all...I dont have time to study as I have a baby at home, which needs my attention all day long...

Im a bit confused about the simulations... So, the first simulation would data & tasks simulation? it would cover 1-9 chapters? The second will be Sage simulation and the third one would be that health and safety simulation, for that we have one month to complete?
    Hey there,

No, I'm not at all prepared for it so I'm just revising my ass off at the moment! Just received my practice simulation today and got 88% which I suppose it quite good but not as good as others on here!

Awwww I didn't know you have a baby - I would've offered to babysit so you can study - I know how hard it is to find time when you've got other commitments.

Yup, you got all those spot on! For Parts 1 & 2 you will have to do it at a Kaplan centre (if you're not working) so they can supervise you but someone told me that you can do it at a library as well providing you tell your tutor so they can advise you on what to do.

I think your learning provider will send you something in the post to do your H&S which should be done within a month but I don't know at what stage they will do that.
    Hey,

Oh, that's really good!!!! 88%!!!

Im waiting for the results for practise simulation.

Oh you so sweet! My husband helps me, but just when he is back from work and in the evening Im so tired so nothing goes in to my head...

Oh yes, there is a library very close to my house, so it would be very convinient for me to do the simulations at the library.

Oh Im so not looking forward for the simulations... But as soon we will finishe them, we can enjoy spring without stress. :)
    Dear Redzhell,

How your studying and preparing for the simulation going on?

Im just going through the chapters and then I will do key techniques questions in the end of the Kaplan book.

I think I need to practise a lot as for my progress test I got just 61%... I was struggling with coding...

But I hope, that the real simulation would be similar to the progress test, so we know, what to expect.

Ok, darling, good luck to you from my heart!

Probably tomorrow I will post the request form to Kaplan for the beginning of April, just after the Easter. Hope by then I will be prepared for the simulation...
    Hey there Kaite,

Sorry I've not been on here for a while. I've not been doing well with the revision but it's too late now as I'll be doing the simulations tomorrow! I'm really not confident but wanna get it out of the way so I can move on to the last one section and finish it!

Had two interviews this week and hoping that I get one of them. One is a secretarial role which is my normal line of duty and one is a finance administrator which should test how much I've learnt from the course already.

I'll let you know how I got on towards the end of this week! Hope you and the baby are doing well :)
    Dear Redzhell,

Good luck to you in your simulation!!!!! Show darling to them , what you capable of :)

Im ok, thank you, but my baby was sick last week, but he is ok now! So, now I can go back to my studies as I didnt have much time last week as my baby was very clingy. I will book my simulation after Easter.

Oh its so nice to hear, that yoy had two interviews!!! Wishing good luck by getting the finance administrator position!!! Then you could use all what you learned in practise!

Once again good luck to you today!!! And let me know, how you get on in the simulation.
    Hey Redzhell,

How are you? How were your simulations? Hope they went ok and you are having a nice time enjoying teh spring!!!!
    Hi there,

I haven't heard about my simulations yet so I don't know. I have been enjoying spring though! Spent most of this week in my huge garden drinking and enjoying my surroundings hehe.

Did you not get my private message? I sent it last Saturday!