Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Exams and Simulations

SnodgeySnodgey Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 3
Is it possible that you can do the exam in June having not completed the simulations yet ? And still pass once they are done?

Reason for asking is I've registered obviously as a student member and had to put down a training provider although I haven't actually chosen one yet I put down Premier Training as a marker.

Not knowing how simulations are administered yet ( Do I need to book them, Are there set dates to do them ect) I was thinking it looks alot like I might not get them done before June exam time come around.

While I'm here another thing - the exam I'll possibly be taking in June is the Unit 30 right ? Some providers didn't make it clear - they show the course as having 1 skills test and 1 exam, the june exam isn't a seperate one from the 1 exam and 1 skills test is it ?

Comments

• JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    Unit 30 is an exam only i believe - you can either do this in the paper based version or as a Computer Based Exam - which means you can pretty much book it for when you want, not just the one date in June.

And then Unit 31 (the other half of foundation - AWS) is examined via a skills test.

Well this is how the Diploma is set out, not sure about the NVQ.

Which one are you doing?

(p.s. i'm going by what i've learnt from BPP's website in my own research for doing Diploma - so i hope that this is correct, i'm sure there is someone who can put me straight if not? )

Hope this helps somewhat!
  • sdvsdv Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 585
    You are in an interesting situation.

Assuming that you have not taken any skills test for
    Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3

Unit 4 Costing

Unit 21 IT
    Unit 22 Health & Safety
    Unit 23 Personal effectiveness

and hoping to take the Exam of either PLB or IAC (preparation under way ofcourse) this June.

Consider this:

Do NOT take the exams in JUNE

BUT instead take exams in 1st week of JULY under the new AAT 2010 standards

Unit 1,2,3 replaced by 2 CBE but 3 skills test dropped
    Unit 4 replaced by CBE and skills test dropped
    Unit 21 IT sage skills test replaced by sage based project
    Unit 22 H&S dropped
    Unit 23 skills test replaced by a project

Advantage:
    NO need to prepare for 4 skills tests (harder then exams any way)
    No skill tests to take
    Computer Based Exams - instant results therefore can retake exams with in 7 days if necessaey
    Fewer Units to do

Disadvantage
    3 CBE Exams to take instead of only 1
  • SnodgeySnodgey Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Yes maybe I should had clarified, I am in fact doing the Diploma, your post is quite interesting though SDV, I'm very confident in passing the actual unit 30 exam as I've tried and passed the CBEs somewhere on this site, and I do have previous ( but to me lesser ) qualifications in book-keeping.

Are the changes for both NVQ and Diploma though? If as you say I could take the exams in July this would be alot better for me not just because less skills tests ( or more depending on what the new standards are )
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    yes changes affect all AAT
  • sdvsdv Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 585
    Snodgey wrote: »

Are the changes for both NVQ and Diploma though? If as you say I could take the exams in July this would be alot better for me not just because less skills tests ( or more depending on what the new standards are )

and search for "QCF"

and read this document

QCF Units Level 2, 3 and 4 Accounting

and other related documents