Sage 50 Accounts

BobathyBobathy Just JoinedPosts: 3Registered
Hey I'm Practising My SAGE for My Exam Next Week.
I'm confident with sage ,but I'm pretty stuck on Customer Paying Us.

I Need To Enter Cheques/BACS Receipts From customers. To Do This Do I Have To Go On
Customers> Receive Payment> Then Enter In 'REF' Box If It Is A Cheque Of BACS?
If Not Can Someone Tell Me How To.

Also,
How Do Create A Standing Order? I Cannot find anyway of doing so. I have been taught to but have misplaced my notes for this so will have to ask on here.

Thank you!
Robert

Comments

• blobbyhblobbyh Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 2,415Registered
    Hi Robert,

Afraid to say I haven't used Sage for over seven years now so my knowledge has gone but there are many on this forum who do and I'm confident that if you check back tomorrow, you'll have several answers to your questions (and any others you may have in future).
  • MonsoonMonsoon Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 4,071FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant
    Bobathy wrote: »
    Hey I'm Practising My SAGE for My Exam Next Week.
    I'm confident with sage ,but I'm pretty stuck on Customer Paying Us.

I Need To Enter Cheques/BACS Receipts From customers. To Do This Do I Have To Go On
    Customers> Receive Payment> Then Enter In 'REF' Box If It Is A Cheque Of BACS?
    If Not Can Someone Tell Me How To.

Also,
    How Do Create A Standing Order? I Cannot find anyway of doing so. I have been taught to but have misplaced my notes for this so will have to ask on here.

Thank you!
    Robert

I don't know the current version of Sage but the general gist of it is:

Bank > Customer > enter the details of payment received.
    I presume the Customer > Payment you mention is using their new visual flowchart style screen? I expect that takes you to the same screen.

In REF you put BACS or a cheque reference. This would either be the paying in book ref number or their cheque number (whichever you have been taught to use, or whichever your organisation uses).

Standing order: Bank > Recurring > New recurring transaction.

Hope that helps and good luck with the exam.
  • Anne BoleynAnne Boleyn Well-Known Posts: 196Registered
    Hi Robert

If you click on Bank and then on New Recurring transaction it brings up the screen for setting up a regular payment/credit / transfer. Just input all the details and click OK.

Hope this helps.
  • mollymoomollymoo Settling In Nicely Posts: 23Registered
    Just remember to click on the drop down box at the top to set it as a payment or reciept ........... something I constantly forget to do :)
  • BobathyBobathy Just Joined Posts: 3Registered
    Thankyou everyone this has helped greatly!