Sage V15 question.

Nush33Nush33 Just JoinedPosts: 3Registered
I've opened a company and am starting to input the Opening balances into different accounts. I have made a mistake and want to delete as the opening balance as it is too large.

I've gone into Corrction list
Found the entry tried to delete however it is not letting me delete this entry? The delete button is unhighlighted.

Any suggestions?... All help and ideas would great.

Thanks!

Comments

• sammyd22sammyd22 Well-Known Posts: 207Registered
    Why dont you just post a journal reversing the original transaction at the same date? and then re-post the corrected journal.

Thats what i would do. I use Navision and you havent got the option to delete like sage so all errors are reversed.

This will ammend your balance.

thanks
  • BluewednesdayBluewednesday Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 1,624Registered
    If you are talking about a customer or supplier account then don't journal as it will cause an imbalance.

However if it's a normal nominal account then you can do a correcting journal. Rather than delete it can you edit it?
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 2,492Registered
    You can't delete or edit journal entries.

If it's the first year you may as well just start again with a 'fresh' company? Saves an untidy ledger..
  • sammyd22sammyd22 Well-Known Posts: 207Registered
    AK002 wrote: »
    You can't delete or edit journal entries.

If it's the first year you may as well just start again with a 'fresh' company? Saves an untidy ledger..

I agree!

But i think unlike other accounting packages sage does give an option of deleting transactions but i think this is for sales & purchase invoices raised only! Havent used sage for a good few years!

I agree though! if its an opening balance just start again or if you have already made loads of transactions just reverse the original opening balance for whichever account it was!
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 2,492Registered
    Yup you can only edit/delete purchase invoices/sales invoices etc.

Journal entries can not be edited/deleted.. which is a PITA tbh.
  • KecakKecak Feels At Home Posts: 50Registered
    You could also run a rebuild to clear all transactions and start from 0 balances.
    file>maint.>rebuild>untick 'retain transactions' or 'keep my transactions' (or whatever it says.)