Extra Courses

dizzyhorsedizzyhorse Feels At HomePosts: 49Registered
I am coming to the end of my foundation and would like to continue with the AAT. I have basic Excel and Word skills but no qualification. I am studying CLAIT and not sure if I should cover Spreadsheets, word, Database software or Presentation software. I am only allowed to cover three........ I also have City and guilds 1 and 2 in sage. Would anyone advise anything else?

Comments

• taskeytaskey Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 1,800Registered
    i personally would do the spreadsheets as i think you will use this more in an accounting role than anything

Tracy
  • sammyd22sammyd22 Well-Known Posts: 207Registered
    dizzyhorse wrote: »
    I am coming to the end of my foundation and would like to continue with the AAT. I have basic Excel and Word skills but no qualification. I am studying CLAIT and not sure if I should cover Spreadsheets, word, Database software or Presentation software. I am only allowed to cover three........ I also have City and guilds 1 and 2 in sage. Would anyone advise anything else?

Do Spreadsheets for sure!

Companies expect Applicants to be Intermediate/Advanced with Excel as standard these days.

Excel can be a big part of your role.
  • MargaMarga Experienced Mentor Posts: 981Registered
    sammyd22 wrote: »
    Do Spreadsheets for sure!

Companies expect Applicants to be Intermediate/Advanced with Excel as standard these days.

Excel can be a big part of your role.

i would do spreadsheets too

anything that includes vlookups, macros and pivot tables is well seek in a candidate's skills
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Posts: 6,970Registered
    Having completed clait some years ago and knowing you have completed the foundation year of aat i think the IBT11 or EDL would be better suited to your level and a step up from CLAIT as i think this is only entry level and you may get bored pretty fast as (some people may disagree) but it is very basic.

But i do agree excel is a must.
  • CJCCJC Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 1,657Registered
    Level One ECDL is also very basic, I started to do it a few years just to get a piece of paper but I soon got so bored I gave it up. I don't know what ECDL Advanced is like but it might be a better bet.

Round here it's impossible to find any particularly advanced IT courses – or at least any ones that would enhance or certify my own skill set.
  • Dipak ThankiDipak Thanki Well-Known Posts: 135Registered
    Spreadsheets would be helpful.
  • dizzyhorsedizzyhorse Feels At Home Posts: 49Registered
    Thanks for that!!