Help

sunshine2010
sunshine2010 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all,

hope someone can help me

We haev some extra money that needs to be spent by 31st march

if i order stuffo nline is it ok for me to put this through with todays date without having hte invoice ?

Or any other ideas ?

Thanks

Comments

• sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi all,

hope someone can help me

if i order stuffo nline is it ok for me to put this through with todays date without having hte invoice ?

Or any other ideas ?

Thanks

Hey Sunshine,

Need more info as the question is unclear.

1) If you are buying goods online for cash, surely some kind of invoice can be printed off?
    2) If you order the goods online from a supplier you already have set up on your Purchase Ledger and the goods are on credit. You can accrue for the goods at year end if the invoice isnt received providing the goods are received.
    3)Are you paying by company credit card?

I would need a bit more info about the scenario to advise you properly. I can only assume the above.
  • sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    help4u wrote: »
    It is not necessary to receive an invoice for teh goods but you must receive the goods before 31 March. It may also be acceptable to include as creditor if the goods are in transit and have actually been sent by your supplier, i.e. you are the legal owner of them.

www.help4accountants.co.uk

Sorry help4u!

I was posting a reply and didnt realise you had.

Regards
  • sunshine2010
    sunshine2010 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    sammyd22 wrote: »
    Sorry help4u!

I was posting a reply and didnt realise you had.

Regards

Hi,

i ordered the items online but paid by a corporate link card so neededan invoice, however we were able to use the reciepts to put it onto the system so got it sorted.

Thanks for your help
  • Hasan.Ahmet
    Hasan.Ahmet Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi all,

hope someone can help me

Or any other ideas ?

Thanks
    Not clear;
    Is it (1) cash/bank balances you need to reduce or (2) the bottom line in the P&L.
    There is a difference.
    If (1) Among other things you can write out a few chqs to your creditors with today's date.
    if (2) among other things have you done your accruals? have you heard of provisions?
Privacy Policy