Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Question about exam and skill tests

smulxsmulx Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 23
I'm doing the level 2 diploma with premier training, and I'm just a bit confused about how the exam works. Is the proper exam only about unit 30, and the skill tests are about unit 31? I thought this was the case, but it seems a bit stupid to complete unit 30, then do unit 31 plus tests, then right at the end do an exam on unit 30.

I'm really confused about the order that I should be doing everything in. They don't explain it very well.

Also, what do the letters in these practice exams mean? I'm not sure if any of them are relevent to me: http://www.aat.org.uk/content/item18267/

Thanks.

Comments

• RinskeRinske Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,453
    Basically you can do them in any order you like, as long as you get all units you need in the end.

It's advisable to do them per level, so all of level 2 then all of level 3, before starting on lvl 4.

As for the letters, FRA is unit 5, ECR is uunit 6, but I don't know about the others. It might pay to have a look at your book or the file premier training has sent you to see what the letters for your unit are.

Hope that helps!
  • smulxsmulx Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 23
    Thanks, I'm only actually talking about level 2 though. I don't know if them exam is only on unit 30, or if it's unit 30 and 31.
  • coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 794
    The exam is only on Unit 30. Can you not take the exam before you start Unit 31?