Steve's DFS Answers are Here

Steve Collings
Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi All,

I have now put the DFS June 2010 on the AccountancyStudents forum because the AAT site won't allow the attachment due to the file size.

As you will see on the thread, Sandy Hood and I do these answers in our own time to help ease the anxiety in the run up to the results. These are the only times when we make requests for you to donate to our chosen charities if you use the suggested answers.

My chosen charity is the Ronald McDonald House Charity. As some of you will know my niece was seriously ill earlier in the year which resulted in her having 2 lots of major heart surgery at 7 months old. Thankfully she is now well. Ronald McDonald House is a complex on the same grounds as Alder Hey Childrens Hospital which allows parents of sick children to be near them during their stay in this amazing hospital. Unfortunately, the complex gets full and some parents have to travel long distances to be with their children. Alder Hey are looking to expand the complex to allow more parents to be with their children, so me and my family would be extremely grateful for any donations, regardless of how small because every penny will make a difference to some family who has gone through the anguish we have just been through.

I hope the suggested answers helps.

Best wishes
Steve

Comments

• noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thank you, I have just donated to your charity.
  • faith26
    faith26 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    I not able to open it Steve, any ideas

Denise Willett
  • Steve Collings
    What does it say when you click on this link??
  • Steve Collings
    nscuffell wrote: »
    Thank you, I have just donated to your charity.

Thankyou. Much appreciated.
  • nabutt
    nabutt Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    ya cant open it ..... its encoded
  • faith26
    Ask me what code i want it defaults to windows western euro

This what I get
    PK ! ëŒÐ ( [Content_Types].xml ¢ ( ´”ËNÃ0 E÷HüCä-Jܲ@ %é‚Ç (¬à:“ÖÂ/yÜ×ß3IÛ MEK7‘¢xνs3ž|´2:Y@@ålÁ†;Ù€%`¥«” ì}ü”Þ² £°•ÐÎBÁÖ€lT^^äãµL¨ÚbÁf1ú;ÎQÎÀ ÌœK_j Œˆô ¦Ü
    ù!¦À¯ƒ .`c +ó 2 T É« ñY ÒáK *:h
  • Steve Collings
    I'm not a computer "tecchie" so not sure what you mean by 'encoded'!! What version of word are you using?
  • faith26
  • Steve Collings
    I have put another attachment up on the same link which allows old versions of word. Hopefully this will help those that can't access the other attachment.

Regards
    Steve
  • faith26
    Thanks Steve your wounderful as per normal.
  • nabutt
    nabutt Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    thaankxxx
  • faith26
    Looking at your answers STeve I wont have 100% but I may just have got though if my memory serves me correct. I have some very silly errors. Ah well nothing I can do none have to wait for 16 Aug.
  • beaneygirl
    beaneygirl Registered Posts: 79 Regular contributor ⭐
    faith26 wrote: »
    Thanks Steve your wounderful as per normal.

Thanks so much Steve for taking the time to do that for us.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thanks for your answers Steve.

I have made a donation to your chosen charity. A charity well worth the money.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Nice, fast website, so it doesn't take a minute to donate. Just have to summon the courage to look at the answers now:( Thanks Steve.
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Well done Primble - I still daren't look.
  • beaneygirl
    beaneygirl Registered Posts: 79 Regular contributor ⭐
    Andypandy wrote: »
    You're more restrained than me Andypandy. can't not look if I know they're there. Did look by the way...am I sorry? -really don't know to be fair as I recognise some of the answers but rarely remember most of what I put down in exams. Bet you'll have done really well.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Andypandy wrote: »
    Same, not sure if it adds anything to look, as we still got to wait anyways. Even though at first when I got home I was positive, even before discussing it on here, I checked an answer in section 2 and am now not so sure I passed. (The use of financial statements, I had a bit of a blank on that one and made it up in the end.)

Anyways, I just put it out of my head and have said it's 2 months study holiday, whether I have passed or not. Am trying to plan my real holiday now and some weekend/ week visit to friends in Germany. Just two months of no study for me and then see what's next, whether it's dfs again for December or CBE or picking the next study and getting some books for those.
    For now, HOLIDAY! The first in over 1 1/2 years....Considering I gave myself so little time off in the past 18 months, I think I deserve the holiday big time.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I feel a wee bit better after looking at that.. however, i got the same answers in my cashflow and mine didn't balance??
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    AK002 wrote: »
    I feel a wee bit better after looking at that.. however, i got the same answers in my cashflow and mine didn't balance??

me too!!! Thought it was just me being blonde...... even though i'm not blonde, lol
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Lol yeah i'm beginning to think i should have been born a blonde bombshell lol
  • angcr
    angcr Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    hi steve i donated to your charity i made 2 small errors in section 1 and 100% section 2 thanks for your help
  • Steve Collings
    Thanks to everyone who has made a donation. It means a great deal to me.

Best wishes and enjoy the summer!!

Steve
  • RowanB
    RowanB Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thanks a lot for the answers Steve. I noticed you rounded your consolidated statement of financial position answers to the nearest pound. It won't matter that I didn't, will it? lol
  • RowanB
    Rachey wrote: »
    me too!!! Thought it was just me being blonde...... even though i'm not blonde, lol

lol. Same answers, but didn't balance? Strange! I spent ages checking mine in the exam, because I just couldn't see what I'd done wrong, and then eventually I realised I'd started the cash flow adjustment with the 'profit before interest and tax' figure rather than the 'profit from operations' (what an idiot). Once I changed that and adjusted the rest accordingly, it balanced, which was nice. I'm sure it won't matter a lot that yours didn't though, as I'm guessing you'll have scored heavily through method marks/ getting the vast majority of the task right.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    RowanB wrote: »
    lol. Same answers, but didn't balance? Strange! I spent ages checking mine in the exam, because I just couldn't see what I'd done wrong, and then eventually I realised I'd started the cash flow adjustment with the 'profit before interest and tax' figure rather than the 'profit from operations' (what an idiot). Once I changed that and adjusted the rest accordingly, it balanced, which was nice. I'm sure it won't matter a lot that yours didn't though, as I'm guessing you'll have scored heavily through method marks/ getting the vast majority of the task right.

This is where I wish we got our papers back (not to start another debate on that though!!) because i recognise every single figure Steve put, i didnt put anything extra in or missed anything out!! Oh I've completely given up anyway, i've probably made a transition error or somethin!!! Shouldnt cost me a fail though, hopefully.
  • Steve Collings
    RowanB wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the answers Steve. I noticed you rounded your consolidated statement of financial position answers to the nearest pound. It won't matter that I didn't, will it? lol

I always round the SoFP to the nearest pound because in real life you never see a position statement with .30 at the end! If you didn't don't worry about it.

Regards

steve
  • Penguin
    Penguin Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Ptc answers

Hi

just wondering is there any way of getting PTC answers for june 2010?
  • RowanB
    I always round the SoFP to the nearest pound because in real life you never see a position statement with .30 at the end! If you didn't don't worry about it.

Regards

steve

Nah, yours is wrong in my opinion. Not accurate enough. lol

No, I see what you mean. Thanks for reassuring me.
Privacy Policy