Do I need to pass APE to pass AAT Foundation Level 2

soldier090soldier090 Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 5
This is my first year at doing AAT in college and I am doing Foundation Level 2, my question is that do I need to pass Achieving Personal Effectiveness in order to progress to the next level.

Thanks

Comments

• snowmaraudersnowmarauder Feels At Home Registered Posts: 99
    Not sure, but if you can get it out the way it helps, because you have ecr management acc/costing and you will def. need the time for it. x
  • gaffa_02gaffa_02 New Member Registered Posts: 9
    I completed it in foundation but it appears on my intermediate statement of achievement but most learning providers may want to have it out of the way so that they can focus on the intermediate level.

hope this helps
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    This is the new QCF syllabus, you must complete all units to progress on the next level i believe. If your studying this, i assume the 'achieving personal effectiveness' is now 'working effectively in accounting and finance' so yes you do. But if your doing it at college, i would have thought this will be all be timetabled.
  • MWAUGH1983MWAUGH1983 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 420
    soldier090 wrote: »
    This is my first year at doing AAT in college and I am doing Foundation Level 2, my question is that do I need to pass Achieving Personal Effectiveness in order to progress to the next level.

Thanks

What you must be asking is that some of the units are active at all levels but some providers do allow you to do them at the higher level.

I do remember however that I was told by aat when I rang them that all levels have to be competent to get the certificate.

Martin
  • sdvsdv Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 585
    soldier090 wrote: »

Thanks

Why don't you want to complete the FULL level 2?

If you don't complete Full level 2 and want to move on to level 3, the chances are that the college is unlikely to give you an addmission on a level 3.

In an interview you may be asked the above question.

The interviewer may ask himself (herself), what are the chances that this student may not complete the full level 3 ?( now there are 7 units)

will the history repeat itself? The probability is very high.

the funding per student has been cut by the govt. Receiving the full funding depends on students acheiving the sucessful FULL completion of a course. Not only that, but a multiplication factor of future funding will be impacted on.

It is in the college's interest to get as many students as possible to get them sucessfully completed to get the maximum funding. Therefore selection of right students becomes vital.

By not acheiving a full level 2, It may have an impact on your progression to a level 3 course in the local college.

If you are going through the non-govt. funded service providers, then you do not need to complete any levels in full. you can mix and match any units from L2, L3 and L4

When you come to apply for AAT membership, you may be required to complete full L3 but definately L4 must be completed in FULL