Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Unit 31 - Chapters 1-9

RozburgRozburg New MemberRegistered Posts: 9
I just wanted some feedback from anyone else doing these chapters or have done them.

I'm finding it quite intense, with the formulas, tables and especially writing reports on the information. Im only up to Chapter 5 at the moment.

Did anyone else find this overwhelming? Not looking forward to the first test as Im worried I won't remember all this information.

Comments

• rachel1971rachel1971 Just Joined Registered Posts: 1
    Hi

I feel the same...I started this book and found it really hard..really intense..the same as you. I even printed off some past simulations from this website and they dont make sense either..struggling like you. xx
  • mossup75mossup75 New Member Registered Posts: 5
    Unit 31 1-9

Hi Guys,

Having the same problem!! I am struggling with the consolidated P&L?? I can't remember what does and doesn't need to go on with sales and purchases from different branches for the consolidated P&L.

Have you guys found any help on this yet?

Hopefully we'll get there!

Mossup
  • RozburgRozburg New Member Registered Posts: 9
    I've just finished studying chapter 7, but I think the more Questions you test yourself with, very slowly it can sink in a bit more.

but I know what you mean about the P & L, the sheet is very confusing and sometimes hard to know where to place the figures and what to extract.

Keep at it!!

the Stock Transfer was a bit of a minefield.
  • steveJsteveJ Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 694
    I have finally handed in the last practice simulation so am awaiting the result. I am very confident now about most of the this unit. The thing that had me stumped for a while was the RPI index and stock transfers.

What books are you using ?
  • watsonwatson Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Hi all,
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bit complicated. i was just starting to lose motivation.
  • steveJsteveJ Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 694
    watson wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bit complicated. i was just starting to lose motivation.

I went through that faze !!!!

Im studying with Premier Training and only realised the other day that i have the answers on a disk of the Osbourne workbook for the unit !!! So now ive had loads more practice and am ready for the exam.
  • s_deardss_deards New Member Registered Posts: 12
    Hi
    I'm cramming this week as I have the exam for the first two parts of Unit 31 on Monday. I haven't felt so unprepared for any of the previous exams and I've just finished level 3 on the diploma course way. I was exempt from level 2 so just had to complete unit 31 and not unit30. I study distance learning and I have found there's often stuff in the simulations that isn't covered in the book.
    I have been trying to work through the practise papers on the AAT website but its very frustrating that there's no answer so you still don't know if you're doing it right or not.

Can anyone explain to me how you deal with a write off on the VAT form. I can't get my head around it.

Thanks