Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Unit 36 Mock Skills Test and Libel

Daniel EDaniel E Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 28
Hi there,

I've looked over the questions for the Mock Skills Test for Unit 36 (the month long one). One of the questions asks me to procure the Health and Safety Guidlines for my place of work. That's no problem, but it also asks for me to include a copy of relevant sections and note any areas where the organisation isn't living up to its guidlines.

Wouldn't this be libel?

Many thanks for any responses.

Comments

• coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 794
    Daniel E wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've looked over the questions for the Mock Skills Test for Unit 36 (the month long one). One of the questions asks me to procure the Health and Safety Guidlines for my place of work. That's no problem, but it also asks for me to include a copy of relevant sections and note any areas where the organisation isn't living up to its guidlines.

Wouldn't this be libel?

Many thanks for any responses.

Only if it was made publicly available and was wrong. For example if you went to the newspapers and said that they leave trip wires at the top of the stairs when they don't that would be libelous. However, if the guidelines say that computer cables should be covered up so people can't trip on them but that doesn't always happen then if you point that out in your report it's not libelous because it's true. Anything you put in your skills test won't ever be made public so could never come under libel laws anyway.