Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚


Mock Simulation Problem

Daniel EDaniel E Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 28
As related to my previous thread one of the tasks in my Mock Simulation asks for me to obtain a copy of my place of works Health and Safety Procedures and then see if they are all adhered to. If it is not I'm supposed to submit a copy of the relevant part of the policy and explain how it is not followed. Apart from the Copy Right issues this seems very ambigious to me. What if I find that none of their guidlines are contravened (which hopefully they wouldn't be), what am I supposed to do then?

Many Thanks

Comments

  • coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 794
    Daniel E wrote: »
    asks for me to obtain a copy of my place of works Health and Safety Procedures and then see if they are all adhered to. If it is not I'm supposed to submit a copy of the relevant part of the policy and explain how it is not followed.

    I think you've answered your own question. You said obtain the procedures and see if they are adhered to, IF NOT you are to explain how it has not been followed. So if it has been adhered to you just say that it has.

    There's no copyright issue, copyright only applies when you're using someone else's work without their say so, copying it for an assignment isn't a problem. If you're worried about confidentiality you can blank out identifying names.

    I think you're just trying to make things more complicated for yourself by looking for problems that aren't there. Loads of students do this unit using their firms policies and procedures without any problems. An NVQ is a work based qualification so you are expected to use work based evidence, if you aren't able or willing to provide it then you should have chosen the diploma route or change to the new standards.

    I have to say though that it's weird you having to do a mock paper, you're only going to have to repeat it all for the live paper. I've never heard of anyone doing a mock for this unit.
  • coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 794
    coojee wrote: »
    An NVQ is a work based qualification so you are expected to use work based evidence, if you aren't able or willing to provide it then you should have chosen the diploma route or change to the new standards.

    OK, just seen from your other post that you are on the Diploma route. Under that route you don't need to use your workplace. The data and tasks booklet says:

    "You may base your answers upon the organisation for which you work, an organisation you are familiar with or a fictional organisation"

    I've still never heard of anyone doing a mock for this paper.
  • Daniel EDaniel E Feels At Home Registered Posts: 28
    Thanks for your response.

    coojee wrote: »

    I've still never heard of anyone doing a mock for this paper.

    It's a requirement to do a Mock for all the units and score 75% with BPP.
    coojee wrote: »
    There's no copyright issue, copyright only applies when you're using someone else's work without their say so, copying it for an assignment isn't a problem. If you're worried about confidentiality you can blank out identifying names.

    I'm not completely clear as to what does and doesn't count as copyright. I'm only able to obtain the Health and Safety Guidlines. I haven't been given any written permission to copy parts of it.


    Many Thanks
  • RinskeRinske Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,453
    The easiest way would be to ask your health and safety officer if you can use it in your project for your study.

    Hardly anyone ever has a problem with that!
Sign In or Register to comment.