Anyone with experience of CBA's here please?

Options
reddwarf
reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor 🐘
If so what are your thoughts?

Comments

• SusieQtips
    SusieQtips Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    reddwarf

I'm old school and thought I prefered paper based exams and in June was adamant I wanted to do the paper FRA exam, the rest of my class chose to do the cba and because I couldn't stand the thought of them having their results and me having to wait 3 months, I agreed to do the CBA.
    I'm so glad I did, I'm not computer literate but it was so much simpler. Each question is contained, there are no figures to carry forward to other questions, if you know your stuff its a lot better. It tended to be short sharp questions. There are practise cba's on this website to give you an idea of what they are like.
    The worst part of it for me was pressing the 'Finish' button, knowing that I would get the result there and then.
  • AuntieT
    AuntieT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I'm really nervous about doing the CBA as can't practise with the ones on here- although don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks for feedback though
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    SusieQtips wrote: »
    I'm old school and thought I prefered paper based exams and in June was adamant I wanted to do the paper FRA exam, the rest of my class chose to do the cba and because I couldn't stand the thought of them having their results and me having to wait 3 months, I agreed to do the CBA.
    I'm so glad I did, I'm not computer literate but it was so much simpler. Each question is contained, there are no figures to carry forward to other questions, if you know your stuff its a lot better. It tended to be short sharp questions. There are practise cba's on this website to give you an idea of what they are like.
    The worst part of it for me was pressing the 'Finish' button, knowing that I would get the result there and then.
    I did my first CBA last week and was so much more relaxed than I used to be with paper based exams, only thing found is could do be in bigger font as couldn't change the size so had to look hard when reading, got my next one in a week, done the practice and not as bad as thought. I agree it is slightly nerve racking to hit finish key especially as you have to do it 3 times!
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I did the CRS as cbe this week and found it ok, only thing that I dont like about them is you do all your workings on paper to get the final answer and get no marks for any of your workings.
  • sasperella
    sasperella Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    If im down as paper based can i still practice the CBA's the reason I ask is it downloads to flash etc and shows me all the blurb: you must answer this and that, then i get no other option, would like to try one before I buy so to speak :)
  • AuntieT
    AuntieT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Me too - as far as knowledge am feeling +70% having done lots of the old PCR papers but doing it on computer..........
Privacy Policy