Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Beginning BA1

VickiPriceVickiPrice Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 1
Hey

I am starting basic accounting 1 tonight (distance learning). I was wondering if anyone else is just starting out, how they are finding it, or anyone that has done it how did you find it? Is there anything in particular that you got stuck on that I should look out for?
Or anyone that has done the exam recently what were the stand out topics? And how did you find the exam?

Also I am studying with Kaplan, how have people found them? So far I've been really impressed.

Comments

• PGMPGM Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,954
    I've found Kaplan good, good luck!
  • janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 1,189
    I am just about to sit BA1 exam next week, you definately need to know Trial Balances, double entries, books of prime entry, discounts, petty cash. My advice is to print off the standards & guidance off the AAT as that shows everything you need to learn. I am using the Kaplan book, is good but watch for a few errors.

Good luck

Jan
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    Hi,

I took my BA1 exam last week, it is very similar to the one on the AAT website. It does cover pretty much everything you learn!

section 1 is about using source documents to enter totals into the general ledger and memorandum ledgers and trial balance.

Section 2 is mainly about invoices, VAT and checking source documents.

the main bit of advice i would give is do lots of practice question, and use the practice exam on the AAT site.
  • Chrisps303Chrisps303 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 33
    I started the course at christmas (distance learning through kaplan) and im just about to book my first computer based assesment.
    Im finding everything ok, its just a long time since i left school so im finding studying again a little strange.

My main problem is my memory, i find it difficult to retain certain pieces of information.
    Hopefully it will get better as the course goes on.

Good luck and hope everything goes well for you.