Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Swap learning providers?

Leah123Leah123 New MemberRegistered Posts: 9
Hi there,

First post for me, I have my first BA1 exam on friday after my dec date was canx due to system problems.

I have been doing online classroom with Bpp but recently everything through them has gone wrong....not booking my new exam date (this happened 3 times!) my new BA2 course has not appeared in time for my start date, having to chase materials etc

So my question is, can you swap learning providers for example do my next module with Kaplan but still do the exam with BPP as it is the only centre close to me?

Would I have to inform AAt or does it not matter as I am doing my exam in the same place?
Does anyone else do the online classroom with either BPP or Kaplan and tried to do the courses just with books, I find the classroom helps me take the info in easier but was considering doing basic costing with just books....unless I get feedback that it is really hard :)

Thanks
Leah

Comments

• SazzlerSazzler New Member Registered Posts: 8
    You can sit exams as an external student at various places, you would have to check by going through the process of booking the exam and seeing what places are available to do it on MYAAT. I have done it as a self studier and gone to a local college or a Kaplan centre but theres usually a few to choose from.
  • janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 1,189
    Leah123 wrote: »
    Hi there,

First post for me, I have my first BA1 exam on friday after my dec date was canx due to system problems.

I have been doing online classroom with Bpp but recently everything through them has gone wrong....not booking my new exam date (this happened 3 times!) my new BA2 course has not appeared in time for my start date, having to chase materials etc

So my question is, can you swap learning providers for example do my next module with Kaplan but still do the exam with BPP as it is the only centre close to me?

Would I have to inform AAt or does it not matter as I am doing my exam in the same place?
    Does anyone else do the online classroom with either BPP or Kaplan and tried to do the courses just with books, I find the classroom helps me take the info in easier but was considering doing basic costing with just books....unless I get feedback that it is really hard :)

Thanks
    Leah
    Hi Leah

I have done Basic Accounting and it is the easiest of the subjects, you should be ok with the books, careful with the Kaplan book as a couple of mistakes in the book, if you decide to do it and I can help at all let me know.

Jan
  • Leah123Leah123 New Member Registered Posts: 9
    Thanks both of you :) I am just starting to do BA2 so will think about this until then
    Leah
  • JMassey89JMassey89 Just Joined Registered Posts: 2
    Sazzler wrote: »
    You can sit exams as an external student at various places, you would have to check by going through the process of booking the exam and seeing what places are available to do it on MYAAT. I have done it as a self studier and gone to a local college or a Kaplan centre but theres usually a few to choose from.
    Out of interest, i'm also looking to sit my first exam, i'm a distance learning studier with BPP. There is a Kaplan centre in my city (Leicester) but no BPP centre, am i right in thinking i may be able to sit an exam as an external student? or am i being too hopeful!

Josh
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    i can see no reason why not. As a distance learning student, the cost of the exam is extra, so you can go where ever you like!
    I was thinking of swapping next year as the college have messed us around terrible, last straw was Monday when 28 of us turned up to do WEAF only to find out they hadn't registered us for it, now got to wait til 28th Feb & 7th Mar.

Have noticed when reading other peoples links that there seems to be quite a bit of problems all over so may be better staying put, it is handy as only in next town.

Jan
  • Leah123Leah123 New Member Registered Posts: 9
    Oh no thats terrible Janwal, nothing like being psyched up for something and then for it not to go ahead.

Better the devil you know and all that! Hope you get on ok!
  • uknittyuknitty Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 591
    I'm registered as a student with Premier Training, but I always go to Kaplan's Liverpool Centre to sit my tests and exams. (There is absolutely no way I could get to Lincoln to do a CBE as I'm in North Wales)

The staff at the Liverpool Kaplan centre are always really helpful and accomodating, I just give them a call ask if they have a room free on a certain day and they sort it all out for me. All I have to do is turn up on the day and pay for the skills test. Kaplan do charge more per skills tests than BPP but I really don't mind paying because I find the staff so helpful and friendly. they always make me feel very relaxed and welcome - which I think in part helps me to do well in the test !

In my experience you can definitely be registered with one training provider and sit tests at another, and yes you can do different modules with different providers.
    Leah123 wrote: »
    Oh no thats terrible Janwal, nothing like being psyched up for something and then for it not to go ahead.

Better the devil you know and all that! Hope you get on ok!
    Well finally took first paper for WEAF but still had to ring AAT and sort out as they were taking MYATT down for maintenance half way through the exam (typical), gave us a new link & took over half an hour to get in.

Fingers crossed 2nd paper on Monday.