Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Unit 31 simulation help please

kate86kate86 New MemberRegistered Posts: 14
Hi all, majorly panicking as I have a month to pass this or forfeit my progress so far.. does anyone have any past/practice papers they can share with me? I'm distance learning through kaplan but they're not too helpful (or I haven't used them enough?!).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Sarah1910Sarah1910 New Member Registered Posts: 9
    Hi Kate

I have some I can email you, can you let me know your email address?

Sarah
  • kate86kate86 New Member Registered Posts: 14
    Thanks Sarah

Have just sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Kate
  • KirstytevKirstytev Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 16
    Hi

could you email them to me as well? Just need elements 1 & 2
    Thanks
    x

[email protected]
  • piratepirate Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 469
    Hiya

why will you forfeit your progress so far, thats really interesting and concerning.

I have been told that I can take some of the stuff I have done with me and add on what is missing, obviously more units

For what it worth I have done the paper, havent got results back yet but found the practice assessments I did harder than the actual paper. It was one designed to challenge us with every concievable problem area.

If you have anything you just dont get post on the forum or pm and we can give you a hand.

hth
  • JackieNutJackieNut New Member Registered Posts: 8
    Help Me please

Hi, I'm due to sit my assessment on the 26th this month. I am having serious doubts on my knowledge. I am trying to do the practice paper I found on the AAT website - Unit 31 2005 part 1. Has anyone done this and could they please send me through what they put in Task 1 consolidated statement of costs and revenues so I can check to see if I actually know what I'm doing...please.
    Jackie

which number is it will take a quick look for you

K
    Jackie

ifs it ripley I have done it for you.
    Net Profit is 637900

PM me and I will send you the spreadsheet

I have another one that you can do if you like PM me
  • KirstytevKirstytev Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 16
    On Unit 31 part one simulation, when you are doing the consolidation, am I right in thinking you need to add columns and rows into the spreadsheet??
    Ie I am adding a column to show the removal of the inter division movements and I am adding rows in to state these interdivision transfers??? and also to state closing and opening of raw stock as the spreadsheet only has rows for finished stock.

I find this unit really frustrating as my work book (kaplan) doesnt seem to go into details on consolidations when there are interdivision transfers, yet the two practice simulations have both got these in !
    Hi all, sorry for the late and short reply but having to log in on my phone as it won't let me on the laptop! Have booked my simulation (cutting it fine!). I would have been exempt from Basic Accounting 1 & 2 but my tutor pointed out I have nothing to lose by attempting it - not sure I'm ready!
    Thanks to all who sent practice papers.

Pirate what did you find most difficult?

Kirsty I agree the Kaplan books are poo - when are you doing yours?
  • misswmissw Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    Hi Sarah,
    If it's not too much hassle could you please send them to me too?
    Kaplan have removed everything off en-gage :o(
    missw wrote: »
    Hi Sarah,
    If it's not too much hassle could you please send them to me too?
    Kaplan have removed everything off en-gage :o(

Hi missw, if you want to PM me your email I can forward on what's been sent to me so far...

Your last post came up on my email but wasn't showing in the thread so glad you posted again - yes I am doing the diploma pathway, if level 2 is incomplete you can transfer over some of what you've done already (confirmed by Kaplan and AAT) but Kaplan charge £50 to put you on the new framework. Will you get finished in time do you think?
  • irehsirehs New Member Registered Posts: 11
    Please

Hi Could you please please email these to me also. [email protected]

Thanks