Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Best way to chose a learning provider?

geek84geek84 Trusted RegularMAAT Posts: 567
Hi Folks

I am on level 2 at the moment and thinking of changing my provider -I'm studying via distance learning.

Can someone please advice what things to consoder when choosing my new provider.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• zara5034zara5034 Well-Known Registered Posts: 170
    Do you need to stay as a distance Learner?

I was with Home Learning College for Level 3, and would not recommend them in a million years. Worst company ever!

I am now at college dong Technician, and the difference is unbelievable, much better and cheaper.

All the best
  • coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 794
    geek84 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I am on level 2 at the moment and thinking of changing my provider -I'm studying via distance learning.

Can someone please advice what things to consoder when choosing my new provider.

Thanks in advance.

Don't just look at the price. And by this I mean more expensive doesn't always mean better service. There's the obvious example of HLC who just charge stupid money. There are however, smaller providers who may be a bit cheaper than the big 3 (BPP, Kaplan and Premier). Don't write them off just because they're cheap. They may have lower overheads due to their size so may be able to charge less without compromising quality. Ask them if you'll have your own named tutor who you can contact directly by phone/e mail/skype. How long do they take to mark work? Are there any extra costs they haven't mentioned on their website? Exactly what materials will you be sent?

Have a look at some of the issues students have had with BPP, Kaplan and Premier recently. These are the big names that most students automatically consider but big doesn't always mean best.

I hope some of this helps
  • Louise89Louise89 Trusted Regular England, UKMAAT Posts: 296
    Z

I'm currently studying Level 2 with Kaplan and have found them to be really good so far.

Their learning materials are well set out and easy to use and the tutors are very supportive.

In terms of fees, I'm lucky as work pay for my course fees, but I think you can get discounts if you book early.

Good luck in finding your supplier.
  • torresgbrtorresgbr Feels At Home Registered Posts: 38
    Hello
    I studied level 2 with HLC and I agree about the crazy prices. I'm studying level 3 with Premier.
    Cost just under £600, add to this the exams you have to book and Pay for yourself. I worked out between £300 on top. But at least I can choose my venue. Say no more HLC
    I have my own dedicated tutor and assignment are marked and returned within 24 hours. And yes they do deliver this not 2+ weeks like HLC.
    Study material is Osbourne Books
    There's no student forum have to use this one.
    If you need anything else yell
    Karen