Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Kaplan BA2 Mock Exam.....Help!!

celticghirlcelticghirl Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 20
Due to sit this on Wednesday and i'm having difficulty with the mock exam on the Kaplan site, it seems to make no sense and answers that i'm sure are correct (i've went back to my books, checked and double checked) it is saying are wrong.

Experiencing big problems with vat control account, cashbook and petty cash reconciliation

I have been sailing through fixed tests, revision books etc so thought i knew my stuff

Now in a complete flap

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 1,189
    Hi

Don't know if you've used them before but our college has told us not to as we tried the BAI and it made no sence whatsoever, so we have used the AAT and the Osbourne, have done BAII Osbourne, and looked at AAT seems ok. Ive got BAII on June 13th.

Good look for Wednesday.

Jan
  • celticghirlcelticghirl Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 20
    Hi

thanks for the quick response, i've not used the AAT practice tests but will do that now.

good luck with yours too
  • Netherwood26Netherwood26 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 78
    hi did you ever get an answer to this?
  • celticghirlcelticghirl Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 20
    hi, i just avoided the kaplan mocks and stuck to the AAT ones which are pretty much identical to the what you get in the exam, passed BA2 with no problem doing this.

It was a similar scenario with Basic Costing and Computerised Accounting, so not an ideal situation!!

Am now waiting on my Level 3 study materials arriving and will be taking the matter up with Kaplan if there is no improvement .....
  • janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 1,189
    hi, i just avoided the kaplan mocks and stuck to the AAT ones which are pretty much identical to the what you get in the exam, passed BA2 with no problem doing this.

It was a similar scenario with Basic Costing and Computerised Accounting, so not an ideal situation!!

Am now waiting on my Level 3 study materials arriving and will be taking the matter up with Kaplan if there is no improvement .....
    We have abandoned Kaplan at college and gone to BPP, I bought the Kaplan books myself for extra reference and already found mistakes in them, the text seems ok but not the questions and answers. Do they not think the course is tough enough!

When you due to start level 3, I returned to college on 13th Sept.
  • Netherwood26Netherwood26 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 78
    Cheers for the feedback - thought i was going mad :-) Its a shame as I like the format of the Kaplan material but to not have the Q&As correct is very unprofessional.