Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Computerised accounts exam

wendy67wendy67 New MemberRegistered Posts: 10
Yesterday i sat this exam!, I got there in plenty of time. I was in a room with about 10 other people sitting a level 4 exam. We were due to start at 2pm, however the vigilator only had one passcode for one of students, so the rest had to wait til 3pm to start there exam. I started my exam just after 2pm only to find out that the computer didnt have Sage on it!. I then had to wait til nearly 3pm for this to be put on the computer. In the meantime the other students were walking in and out of the room due to the fact that most of them had to call there childcare providers as they were going to be late.

Anyway continued through the exam, then got to the end where it asks you to move a report into Excel. I couldnt find anywhere how to do this as in the Kaplan book it states go to file and there is a Office Integration tab and then pick up Excel, however on the version i was using there wasnt this option. I asked my trainer two weeks ago to explain how to do this and the reply was the same as whats in the book other then that she didnt know and would get back to me!. ..Still waiting!.
Hense i couldnt print off the report and so have probably failed!. Whats the point in printing the instructions in te workbook, if they are not true!.
Yet ANOTHER disappointing exam by my provider...

Comments

• janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 1,189
    Hi Wendy

That sounds really terrible I have the same exam on the 13th June and our tutor hasn't even expalined how to print and keeps saying the printer doesn't work. I'm quite confident about inputting and have worked right throught the Kaplan book as I have sage on my home computer, but not sure about the ability of the college to get the CBA right on the day.

Good luck with your results, any idea how long you have to wait?

Jan
  • wendy67wendy67 New Member Registered Posts: 10
    No idea how long!, I wouldnt be surprised if they lose all the paperwork i printed off!!aswell

Have written a long complaint email to the provider, but nothing will change..Will be having words with the tutor next week.

good luck with yours
  • deedideedi New Member Registered Posts: 6
    computerised mess

Hi All

I took my computerised exam in December. All the students complained how exam was handled. Took weeks for results to come through. It was a record, a first never before had this happened. WE ALL FAILED!!!!! Have all done a resit. Passed all other exams but this one is still hanging over us.

Feel like Diana Ross I'm still waiting.
    I've got this exam on 13th June, and having already had lots of problems with the others i'm not look forward to it. Noticed on the test paper it asks to transport into Excel have never been shown this, will be so glad when it is over!!:001_unsure:
  • Sammmy88Sammmy88 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 283
    Well....... Kaplan haven just told me that they haven't got my CMPA paper work, and it's missing! I am so upset and angry!
    I had to email them as its been 4 weeks and wanted to know if they had any results. They didn't even get n contact with me to tell me, and they waited 4 weeks!!
    I hope they find it, as I will not be sitting it again!! They are at fault not me!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • piratepirate Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 469
    Sammmy88

Have seen this so much on the forum with Kaplan, where they lose it and then find it.
    I hope they find it
  • welshwizardwelshwizard Trusted Regular South WalesRegistered Posts: 465
    Try to find out if your completed Assessment Booklet has been uploaded back to AAT LearnPlus and that it has been completed correctly - I have heard of instances where the files have been uploaded yet when the assessor opens the files from LearnPlus they find that the assessment Booklet has nothing types in the data entry boxes. This could cause your provider to say that the documents are missing. The LearnPlus system does not appear to be a suitable environment to use for assessment as the protratced way one has to download, complete and upload each document instead of batching all documents into one zip file is certainly not removing the risk of error.

If your provider can't help you, contact the AAT for advice and guidance - this has to be sorted pronto.
  • kelly2011kelly2011 New Member Registered Posts: 6
    Computerised Accounts Exam

I have my exam next Thursday and from what I've just heard, I'm not looking forward to it!!!
    Is there anyone who thinks the exam went ok for them?
  • Kate989589Kate989589 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 17
    I found it really easy and quite enjoyable, maybe I'm just odd or maybe my college just rock. As for excel, I just generate whichever report I want, On the preview box at the top left there is a button in between 'Open' & 'Print' that says Export, click that an then change the file type to whatever format you need (excel, word, pdf) save it to the file you've created on your desktop (thats where we were told to save all our files.) Then open it from there and hey presto.

The only problem we had were me and another student, our sage froze up, but the modulators were on it straight away an we were back up and running in 5 minutes. The whole exam took me about 2hrs but I was one of the last to leave.
  • KaluWaluKaluWalu Just Joined Registered Posts: 1
    Got a Computerised Accounting(L2) exam on Wednesday, just wanted to know if we have to set up the company ourselves or it is done for us? As looking at the past paper questions, Task 2.3 asks you to enter petty cash payments into the computer. Does this mean that the petty cash account has already been setup(money transferred from bank to petty cash)?
    KaluWalu wrote: »
    Got a Computerised Accounting(L2) exam on Wednesday, just wanted to know if we have to set up the company ourselves or it is done for us? As looking at the past paper questions, Task 2.3 asks you to enter petty cash payments into the computer. Does this mean that the petty cash account has already been setup(money transferred from bank to petty cash)?
    When we did the exam the only thing you had to set up were the dates, the company was already there, then you set up supplier's, customers and entered nominal opening balances, the petty cash account is already there set up but you may be asked to transfer some money from the bank as well.

It is very similar to the practice exam on the computer.

The worst bit is the waiting for the results, we did on the 13th June & not had results yet, only one I'm waiting for and can't enrol for level 3 til I pass it.

Good luck with it, only advice I can give is do section 2 (short questions first) as they are 20% of the mark .

Jan
    I had to set up my own company on Sage!

Still no results since 20th May!
    That's not good, should not have to wait that long, I got mine on Wednesday, I passed. but it took 11 weeks to get WEAF.
    Fingers crossed yoy hear soon and pass.
    Thanks.. Basic costing exam tomorrow. At least i will get the result straight away!!
    Hi Wendy

How did your costing exam go, I actually found that the easy one, was the first one we did and had a few problems with the computer.

Jan
  • Louise89Louise89 Trusted Regular England, UKMAAT Posts: 296
    I study with Kaplan and my CMPA exam went smoothly except for starting ten minutes late as some students were not given their passcodes.
    Too easy, 2 hour exam in 25 minutes! I hadnt seen the invigulator before and she was really good. There were students in the group that were taking there Computerised exam at the same time, and heard that they will get help uploading their papers and that they could print off the exam paper. They didnt do this for me!!.

I just want to know the result of my computerised exam so i can celebrate completing year 1!
  • SharleenSharleen Feels At Home Registered Posts: 36
    I just did this exam this morning. Chose to do it in my office rather than go to a centre. I think it went ok but there were a couple of things which hadn't been covered in the textbook. Not the first time that's happened to me with this training provider, pretty shoddy really. I think I got around it anyway and worked it out. Let's hope now that they don't lose the uploaded docs as you guys have said!
  • celticghirlcelticghirl Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 20
    Hi Sharleen, any advice you could give?

sitting this on wednesday, having the same problems
  • SharleenSharleen Feels At Home Registered Posts: 36
    Through doing mock exams the things I discovered which weren't covered in the textbook were -

A cheque received from a customer is returned by the bank
    Writing off a bad debt
    (Both of the above are in the same place and are easy enough to do once you've found them, when you're in Customers, there is a write off/refund option in the top left hand menu)
    Contra entries (so when a company is a customer and also a supplier, setting off one balance/part of one balance against the other, I think you just do a customer receipt and supplier payment for the same value so there is no net effect to the bank)
    Clearing month end turnover totals which I think you do in maintenance

I won't say what came up in the real exam as I guess you'll get the same paper but these were all from mocks.

Good luck!