Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Weaf

JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted RegularRegistered Posts: 387
Hi Guys,

I am currently working towards the above unit, and I have just been sent an Induction Form by BPP which i apparently have to complete. Now, it is asking for my supervisor to sign the form, but my workplace are not aware that I am studying this unit. Apparently I have to have this form signed, and i cannot complete to assessment without it, now I could understand if I was completing the work based evidence, but im not, im doing the CBP.

I can't see how the AAT can force me to get my employer to sign the form, especially when it actually makes no difference in the exam.

Surely other people have taken this unit when they are in a similar situation to me or unemployed?

If nothing else, does anyone know an email address for someone at the AAT I can speak to? as this seems completely ridiculous!

Comments

• RinskeRinske Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,453
    Have you called the BPP to check?
    As it does seem to be only relevant if you take the work based evidence side. It might just be their standard form and maybe question for their signature is just not relevant to you?
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    I asked my online tutor, and she told me it was an AAT requirement, just incase I wanted to provide work based evidence in the future. So I called the AAT and they said I didnt have to do it, they only need it if I am providing work based evidence for this unit!

The guy from AAT was like 'what do they expect people who arnt working to do?' lol

Has anyone else had this problem with BPP?
  • coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 794
    Are you a distance learner? If so you'll need someone to supervise you whilst you sit the assessments (WEAF and CMPA), it could be that that they're referring to. Most people use their employer as their supervisor. If you don't work or your employer doesn't know you're studying then you can use other people such as a librarian, teacher, accountant, solicitor etc but they will have to be with you whilst you sit the assessment.
    Hi coojee,

Yes I am a distance learner, and I am working, but not in an accountancy role.

I am taking the computer based assessment, for this reason. My tutor is aware that I am taking this route and the reasons for it. As I said below she thinks I should do it because I may want to provide work based evidence in the future and that the AAT would require it now, however, the AAT have said they don't. She seems to think she can not book my assessment without it, but I have told her what the AAT have said and I will see what she says now.
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    Hi coojee,

Yes I am a distance learner, and I am working, but not in an accountancy role.

I am taking the computer based assessment, for this reason. My tutor is aware that I am taking this route and the reasons for it. As I said below she thinks I should do it because I may want to provide work based evidence in the future and that the AAT would require it now, however, the AAT have said they don't. She seems to think she can not book my assessment without it, but I have told her what the AAT have said and I will see what she says now.

You still need someone to supervise you whilst you take the assessment, I don't know why your tutor has told you what you've been told as that's not correct but you do need someone to agree to be your witness before the assessment can be booked. It's a check to make sure you don't cheat during your assessment. If you were unsupervised then you could use your books, ask for help, look things up on the internet etc etc, they need to be sure that this hasn't happened.

The only way around this is to sit the assessment at a centre in the same way that you can do for exams. Not all centres who accept external candidates for exams will accept students for assessments though.
    I sorry, I thought I had made it clear, I am sitting the assessment at a BBP centre. Which my tutor is aware of.

And I am not an external student, I am I distance learning BPP student, I bought this unit from them and the cost of the assessment is included.
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    I sorry, I thought I had made it clear, I am sitting the assessment at a BBP centre. Which my tutor is aware of.

And I am not an external student, I am I distance learning BPP student, I bought this unit from them and the cost of the assessment is included.

That's OK then, you don't need a supervisor and BPP are wrong. Doesn't help you much though if they won't listen to you.
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. She hasn't reponded to my email yet, so I'm probably going to just send the form completed as best I can to her, and see what happens then. One thing is for sure, my boss will not be signing my form.