Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

WEAF results

Jane DJane D New MemberRegistered Posts: 6
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for the WEAF exam results? I did the exam mid June & the unit is still showing as outstanding on my statement of achievement!!

Finding it really frustrating that I have not had any reply to the emails I have sent enquiring as well.

I am trying to enrol for the next level & need my results ASAP, I wish someone would get back to me.

Anyone else had any problems with this?

Comments

• Sulew17Sulew17 Well-Known Registered Posts: 174
    Have you checked on your e-learning page? My WEAF results showed there about 2 weeks before going onto my SOA. Took my WEAF exams 24th & 31st May but results didn't show until 14th July! Good luck.
  • Jane DJane D New Member Registered Posts: 6

Just checked & it is still jsut marked as submitted :(
  • sun123sun123 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 19
    WEAF Result

hi jane.i am also waiting for this result in my satatement of achievement.i did my exam on 20th june.my tutor email me the result as competent, but not updated in my statement.i already stated doing my level 3,you dont need to wait for the level 2 results for doing level 3.i have done the exam for accounts preparation 1(level-3) and the result already updated in my statement of achievement.not this i am doing distance learning.
    thanks
    sun
  • Jane DJane D New Member Registered Posts: 6
    Thats good to know. I was worried that without the result being finalised I wouldnt be able to continue onto the next level. Thanks for letting me know.
  • sun123sun123 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 19
    WEAF Result

hello i am still waiting for to update my soa,i dont know why it taking sooo long..is anyone waiting like me .
    thanks
  • Sammmy88Sammmy88 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 283
    Hiya!

I took my WEAF in on the 10th of May ans didn't show on my soa until the end of July! I was so frustrated!

Hopefully you don't have to wait too long though!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • KirstySladden1KirstySladden1 Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    WEAF Exam Oct 2011

Hi just wondering how those who have passed WEAF found the exam, this is my last one and i will be gutted if i fail now.

I learn/revise best by doing lots of practice papers and only having 1 to practice on hasnt been the best preparation.

I found the lessons a real slog too compared to the rest of the course that had lots of questions to practice with.

Keeping my fingers crossed it goes smoothly this time as had numerous problems with computers and Sage not working when i did the computerised accounting exam in June, i was amazed i passed it to be honest!

Thanks

Kirsty
    Hi Kirsty - sounds like you had the same problems as we did with our computerised accounts exam - computers crashed, sage crashed, printer crashed, etc! But I passed so that's all water under the bridge!

Regarding WEAF - I was dreading this exam and was sure I had failed but did pass - it wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be. It is very similar to the practise assessment on the AAT's website although a different scenario (obviously!). My only real advise is read the scenario before you start and keep referring back to it - altho this is a pain as you have to keep scrolling up and down. Answer the questions clearly and concisely - don't waffle or put in more than necessary. On a couple of questions I just gave one or two word answers and I was sure I had failed on them because others had written a lot more than me. My tutor told me I had actually got a pass on those questions as I had just given the information asked for.

I also found the Osborne WEAF book a help. Most of the exam is common sense and as long as you think before answering you should be ok!

Good luck
  • jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,774
    Out of curiosity what is the WEAF Exam? I have never heard of it. I qualified in Feb after sitting all my exams paper based and dont remember that at Certificate Level. I am taking it that it is a new name for something?
    What is WEAF
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what is the WEAF Exam? I have never heard of it. I qualified in Feb after sitting all my exams paper based and dont remember that at Certificate Level. I am taking it that it is a new name for something?

Hi

WEAF is Working Effectively in Accounts & Finance (or something similar!). You are given several tasks to complete based on an office scenario. The tasks include planning your week's work, completing reports, writing emails, what you would do to resolve a particular situation / problem, etc. We also had to put down our strengths and weaknesses and what we needed to do to improve on our weaknesses - basically to do with CPD on a very basic level.

It's a four hour CBA split into two - the two exams are supposed to be taken at a two weekly interval.

It's not very popular due to all the typing you have to do and the fact that it's quite boring!

A lot of it is common sense and some of the answers are subjective so no right or wrong answer.

Hope this answers your question and that I haven't confused you too much!

Su
  • jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,774
    Confused..................Yes

Wish I had to do that...........................No :lol:

I cant remember nothing like that!
    Weaf
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Confused..................Yes

Wish I had to do that...........................No :lol:

I cant remember nothing like that!

You were lucky!!

Su
  • Louise89Louise89 Trusted Regular England, UKMAAT Posts: 296
    Weaf

Hi,

WEAF was the last level 2 module I sat in the 1st week of August and I'm still waiting for mine to be marked by Kaplan! AAT then need to check and verify it which takes approx 2 weeks, so I won't even get my level 2 cert until November I reckon.

So you're not the only one I'm afraid.