Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

How long did it take you to do Level 2?

JasonTurboJasonTurbo Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 27
Just wondered how long it has taken people to acheive the the Level 2 certificate? Obviously this is probably more applicable for the self study students amongst us.

As for my situation, I'm studying at college so i'm locked into a whole term, however I feel I could go alot faster if I needed to. The college has outlined 12 weeks for basic costing alone, we're 3 weeks in and I've already completed all the practice CBT's on the AAT and BBP sites.

Needless to say, I've moved onto BAI and BAII already. Anyways would be good to hear if you have had a similar situation mine.

Comments

• janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 1,189
    Hi Jason

I was the same as you and had to go and the colleges pace, we completed Costing in 8 wks but did 2 weeks of practice tests. We got through Sage and WEAF quite quickly but they seemed to take ages to get marked.

Good luck with it all

Jan
  • anisurrahmananisurrahman Well-Known Registered Posts: 130
    Hi Jason...

I started in September 2010 and completed in June 2011... like you I didn't have any choice had to follow my college timetable.

Ronnie
  • Yao YuYao Yu New Member Registered Posts: 9
    I am thinking doing level 2 and level 3 at the same time

Hi,my name is Amanda, I am having the same problem as my local college go very slow for level 2, and level 2 is very easy ,I think I can go faster myself, but I have been thinking since I can't change the paste of level 2 fixed by the college, maybe I can do the level 3 at the same time, I have ask the AAT , they said it is ok as long as I talk to the training provider, so I am thinking after the exam in Nov and Dec for basic accounting 1 and basic costing, I might order some distance learning material for level 3 from kaplan or BPP to study myself and just pay for to sit in their exam. so hopefully by the sep 2012, I might finish level 2 and level 3 together within one year.
  • JasonTurboJasonTurbo Feels At Home Registered Posts: 27
    Yao Yu wrote: »
    Hi,my name is Amanda, I am having the same problem as my local college go very slow for level 2, and level 2 is very easy ,I think I can go faster myself, but I have been thinking since I can't change the paste of level 2 fixed by the college, maybe I can do the level 3 at the same time, I have ask the AAT , they said it is ok as long as I talk to the training provider, so I am thinking after the exam in Nov and Dec for basic accounting 1 and basic costing, I might order some distance learning material for level 3 from kaplan or BPP to study myself and just pay for to sit in their exam. so hopefully by the sep 2012, I might finish level 2 and level 3 together within one year.

It's funny you mention studying for level 3 at the same time because I've also been thinking about it. I hate to be 'that' person that brags but I'm plodding through level 2 very quickly, been putting in the hours though on top of college so that's deffo helping.
  • janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 1,189
    It is possible to do 2 & 3 together, but just so you know 3 is a big jump from 2, I sailed through level 2 at college always ahead of what we were doing in class, but this year is a bit different as I don't actually know much about what we are learning. Would probably be different if I worked in practice but I only work in payables in the NHS and don't do things like Extended Trial Balances and depreciation, but having fun learning.

Jan
  • JuliettebJulietteb Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 26
    I think if you've done BA 1 and 11 you could certainly do some modules of level 3.

I managed to complete level 2 in about 4 months doing it distance learning
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    Took me two years to complete the full qualification NVQ route.

Not sure about just Level 2 though.
  • KirstySladden1KirstySladden1 Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    I have been doing level 2 for 18 MONTHS!!! Home learning route (not mentioning the college name but there is a clue!) and its taken this long due to the length of time its taken for assessments and exams to be marked. Im really annoyed as I feel I could have started level 3 at college in sept but will now have to wait till next year.

I did my last exam on Monday for WEAF but it took 2 months for my computerised accounting exam result so not expecting to hear if I have passed level 2 until the new year now.

The guy who sold me the course said i could achieve it in 6 months! yeah right!

Kirsty
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    Out of interest who are you studying with? Not the dreaded HLC?
  • Louise89Louise89 Trusted Regular England, UKMAAT Posts: 296
    I completed Level 2 in 5 months with Kaplan as a day release student, I also did PEAF in this time. I'm now doing Level 3 which is taking me 6 months to complete - now halfway :)

Good Luck with your studies x
  • PGMPGM Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,954
    Louise89 wrote: »
    I completed Level 2 in 5 months with Kaplan as a day release student, I also did PEAF in this time. I'm now doing Level 3 which is taking me 6 months to complete - now halfway :)

Good Luck with your studies x

Pretty fast going!
    PGM wrote: »
    Pretty fast going!

I'm lucky as I'm on a fast-track course, so I will hopefully be a MAAT by August 2012, then I can start chartered. How about you PGM, how long did it take you? Are you Chartered now?
  • JessieMJessieM Just Joined Registered Posts: 2
    Hi guys :)
    I started my Level 2 in June and finished in September (Taking one exam in June and July and then 4 in September!). I have A-levels and went to university for two years before I dropped out, so Level 2 was pretty straight forward for me as it's on level with 5 GCSE's I think I read somewhere? I've started Level 3 now and should be finished by Feb - March time. I'm also overlapping my Level 4 and starting that in January too! Lots of work I know!

Good Luck to you all where ever your up to so far!
    JessieM wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I started my Level 2 in June and finished in September (Taking one exam in June and July and then 4 in September!). I have A-levels and went to university for two years before I dropped out, so Level 2 was pretty straight forward for me as it's on level with 5 GCSE's I think I read somewhere? I've started Level 3 now and should be finished by Feb - March time. I'm also overlapping my Level 4 and starting that in January too! Lots of work I know!

Good Luck to you all where ever your up to so far!

Good luck with that :)
  • strangerstranger New Member Registered Posts: 12
    Hi all,

Nescot College in South London is catering for L2 fast learners by running a fast track L2 from January. Call the college for an interview which is taking place next week. This course will run from Jan 2012 to June 2012.
  • Chimpette22Chimpette22 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 75
    Hi,

I started level 2 in August and have finished all my exams by the end of November, just waiting on my evidence for WEAF to be marked at AAT for my overall completion of the course.

So all in all it took 5 months, 4 months to do exams and 1 month waiting for evidence to be assessed. I'm just starting level 3, which I'm hoping I will have finished by July latest.
    Fully AAT qualified July 2015