Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)

WEAF split into two exams??

rhianrhian Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 57
Hi, I've been told that the WEAF module is split into two exams. Does this mean that the practice paper on the AAT website (which is in two sections) is part 1 and then there's another part 2 with no practice paper- or are the two sections of this practice paper the two different exams?

If the section 2 has no practice paper- what kind of exam is it?

Sorry if this is a confusing question- I've tried to word it as clearly as possible!

Thank you so much for any clarification :)

Rhian

Comments

• JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    The practice paper on the aat site is split into two sections. You get two hours and fifteen minutes per section including reading time.

You can take each section up to two weeks apart, but I did it on the same day. Which was a bit of a long slog.

So to clarify, the two sections in the practice paper are the two sections of The exam. They are both based on the same case study, but be careful as there is one exam paper that is completely different to the practice paper, and hardly any information is provided. So make sure you know your own strengths and weaknesses and pdp plan as well.
  • rhianrhian Feels At Home Registered Posts: 57
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    The practice paper on the aat site is split into two sections. You get two hours and fifteen minutes per section including reading time.

You can take each section up to two weeks apart, but I did it on the same day. Which was a bit of a long slog.

So to clarify, the two sections in the practice paper are the two sections of The exam. They are both based on the same case study, but be careful as there is one exam paper that is completely different to the practice paper, and hardly any information is provided. So make sure you know your own strengths and weaknesses and pdp plan as well.

thank you so much!! :)

i'm guessing the other exam papers follow a similar structure to the practice paper? i'm scared i'm going to be unlucky and get the one you mention!

on the off chance, do you also know if there are any other practice papers apart from the one on this website? i just feel that one isn't really enough!

thank you again, much appreciated!
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    As far as I'm aware there are no other practice papers. I think there are two exams like my one and two exams like the other. To be honest, I'd it doesn't give you the job description, just base it on yourself. Its what I ended up doing, and I thought I had got it horribly wrong, but I think it was what I was supposed to do. That said, I don't know my result yet...lol when is your exam?
  • janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 1,189
    There are very limited practices for WEAF as only 1 exam was wrote last year for the whole country, don't know if they have done more this year. The only advice I can really give is learn your layouts eg reports, letters and also watch your grammer, we had one person wrote their report in text language (he failed), know youur strengths and weaknesses and basic maths (know sounds stupid but we had to work out averages and some people got stuck doing just the basics).

Good luck with it, I keep saying If I passed anyone can.:lol:

Jan
  • rhianrhian Feels At Home Registered Posts: 57
    Thank you for all the responses, very useful!! :)