Costs & Revenues CBE - is it same format as practice online exam

Options
sharumba
sharumba Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi there,

As title suggests i have done the online test exam and passed as well as numerous paper examples.

I was just wondering does the actual exam follow the same format or can they be totally different?

Thanks

Shaun

Comments

• KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    sharumba wrote: »
    Hi there,

As title suggests i have done the online test exam and passed as well as numerous paper examples.

I was just wondering does the actual exam follow the same format or can they be totally different?

Thanks

Shaun

Hi Sharumba
    There are a couple of practise CBTs on the AAT website - the basic format is the same as the Real exam - although the questions may be worded differently. If you have coped well with both the paper & electronic examples you will do well. Best of luck!:001_rolleyes:
  • Joe Barraclough
    Joe Barraclough Registered Posts: 69 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    i did so many different mock exams, but on the aat website they give you 2, the standard one, then one to throw you off, the basic knowledge was there in my exam but EVERYTHING was worded in a way i wasnt prepared for, i passed thankfully but just make sure you understand WHY you are doing things and not just how to do them

good luck
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Good advice Joe I agree.

My exam was also worded differently but the content is the same.

Sounds like you are more than ready, all the best of luck :-)
  • sharumba
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

Time to book the exam now and fingers crossed!!

Shaun
  • KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Best of Luck Sharumba
  • Kirsty83
    Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    i did so many different mock exams, but on the aat website they give you 2, the standard one, then one to throw you off, the basic knowledge was there in my exam but EVERYTHING was worded in a way i wasnt prepared for, i passed thankfully but just make sure you understand WHY you are doing things and not just how to do them

good luck

MOST DEFINITELY!!!! Sadly I failed, but that was merely because I was unprepared for completely different structure and wording of the questions!!
    I do know what I need to do for next time - that was a nasty exam!!

GOOD LUCK SHAUN! :)
  • sharumba
    Options
    I've just done 2nd mock online and passed. Totally different format to the others but the same type questions. One hiccup i keep making is the question on the wages where it specifies the overtime premium as the "additional" double time so originally was splitting between basic and premium, that was wrong. So this time i put all of it into premium and it was split.

Any other people have this issue. I know its only 1 minor mistake but unsure whether its me or the typical errors in bpp books etc.

Cheers

Shaun
  • sharumba
    Options
    Yippee!!! Passed!

I was thrown by the last question where on tests i have had to work out net book value etc of machinery and payback periods but this question you were given a grid of information and had to slot required answers into a preprepared email to the directors.

Anyway now on to ethics and cash management. Time to toss a coin!!
Privacy Policy