Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Finish Level 2 Chapter 1-4. Is concept of VAT important?

yping930yping930 New MemberRegistered Posts: 6
Dear all,
Started for 2nights, goes on well on the books. Love to get my brain cracking again!!
Just wonder how imprortant is Chapter 3 about VAT to any of you experianced and go thru it? is there any exam question will be based on the topic? Shld I memorize all the tech word and able to explain it as test if question asked?

Thank you

ping

Comments

• JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    I'm sorry, but I found it very hard to understand your question. If you are asking whether VAT is an important topic to cover, then the answer is a very big yes. It is very important that you know how to calculate VAT, and also how to work out what an amount would have been before VAT. Without this I doubt you would get enough marks to pass BA1.
  • yping930yping930 New Member Registered Posts: 6
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I found it very hard to understand your question. If you are asking whether VAT is an important topic to cover, then the answer is a very big yes. It is very important that you know how to calculate VAT, and also how to work out what an amount would have been before VAT. Without this I doubt you would get enough marks to pass BA1.

Thx for ur reply JaffasGirl,
    sorry for the confusion, I always try to put lots of sentences in once when trying to clear my head out.
    I was studying chapter 3 about VAT and legal consideration and seems like it's a chapter about tech words and explanation of the legal terms. So my question actuallly is how this chapter will be ask in real test, for anyone who have taken BA1 & 2 test? Is it just explain the word of xxx,yyy, etc? and do I have to remember it as in text or I can explain it with my own word and sentences?
    Thank you once again to all who can tell me more bout it.

ping
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    there are no long answer questions in BA1 and BA2. The main thing you need to remember will be how to calculate VAT, and how to post it in accounts. Also, you need to know that if a company charges VAT then they need to have a VAT registration number on their invoices. What text book are you using?
  • yping930yping930 New Member Registered Posts: 6
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    there are no long answer questions in BA1 and BA2. The main thing you need to remember will be how to calculate VAT, and how to post it in accounts. Also, you need to know that if a company charges VAT then they need to have a VAT registration number on their invoices. What text book are you using?

thank you once again for ur reply
    I'm studying with Premier, they provide BA1&2 books from their own tutor.
    yes I will keep that in mind n read very carefully on all questions. I would really love to do lots of exercise before going thru assignment n exam. Do u know where can I get those exercise online except the AAt greenlight? as I hvnt register myself as member yet.
    Thank you once again

ping