Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

external candidate ?

bumbazzbumbazz Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 4
hi I would like to know it is is possible to do WEAF and Computerised accounting as an external candidate or without a training provider ?

I seen an enrolment form with Kaplan where we can book your exam with them for around 50 pounds per paper, and i am not sure if they will alllow it for WEAF and computerised accounting as i Know it is not marked by AAT. I am just trying to reduce the cost .

I am buying the course material from BPP which are quite good.

thank you .

Comments

• ShelivicShelivic New Member Registered Posts: 8
    Hi there,

You can defintely take WEAF and Computerised accounting as an external candidate with kaplan, as that is what I am doing. Only thing is you have to pay an additional 50 pounds per module on top of the exam fee in order to cover Kaplan's cost for marking it for you.

Good luck with your studies! :001_smile:
  • Abiola15Abiola15 Just Joined Registered Posts: 2
    Hi Shelivic,

Thanks for the info. I'm on a budget myself but been told by Kaplan that I have to be registered with them as a student. It's going to cost me about £225 for the Computerised Accouningt. I'd rather just buy the self study Sage Instant Accounts. I also read on the AAT site that we can use workplace evidence. I've been working in accounts for over 10 years so this wouldn't be a problem.
    How did you get the information on taking the module as an external candidate? I find Kaplan's website is a bit rubbish on providing detailed information and the telephone staff aren't very knowledgeable when you ask specific questions. I want to leave them but dont know if I can. I've already paid for WEAF as a student with them 'cos they said that was the only way I can do it.
    Sorry to go on. Any advice / information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hi Abiola,

I'm surprised that you had such a difficult time with kaplan as my experience with them has been quite straightforward - maybe its a regional thing? I'm taking my exams in the London Branch. All I did was call them up, asked them if it would be possible to do my exams with them as an external student and they said it was fine. When it came to booking WEAF and CMPA they informed me that they would be taking an additional 50 pounds as I wasn't studying with them. I just completed WEAF today and will be doing CMPA on the 27th.

I'm sorry I don't really know much about the workplace evidence - I'm yet to get my first accounts job! But maybe someone else can help you with that?
  • Abiola15Abiola15 Just Joined Registered Posts: 2
    Hi Shelivic,

Thank you for your response. It must be a regional thing. I called them again today and they re-iterated that I had to be registered with them as a student to take the CMPA.

Thanks a lot for your input.
    Thats a shame - would be good if they were consistent throughout their centres... :(