Level 2 WEAF Exam

L18SANL18SAN Just JoinedPosts: 3Registered
Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone has recently sat the WEAF Exam and if so how quickly did you get your results? I am a distance learning student and sat this exam over a week ago and have still not had my results. I just want to get the results as this is my last exam for level 2 and move on to level 3.

Comments

• johnnyboy987johnnyboy987 Feels At Home Posts: 36Registered
    Hey, I think the waiting period for exam results for WEAF is 6 weeks... But once you have sat the exam, I don't think there is anything holding you back getting started on Level 3.

I'm due to sit WEAF next week and CMPA in three weeks and as soon as the exams are sat, I'm going to get the ball rolling for the next level. I'm a distance learner with Kaplan but have not used them once (although their online mock was handy) so I am going to try the self-study route!

Good luck with your results :)

Johnny
  • L18SANL18SAN Just Joined Posts: 3Registered
    That is a long waiting period then. I got my CMPA results back within a week. Well my employer wants me to wait for my results for Level 2 to make sure i am in the clear first before he purchases level 3. I am with Kaplan as well and have not used them once. Can i ask where you found their Mock exam? Good luck with your exams as well :001_smile:
    I suppose it could be quicker than the 6 weeks but I think that's the average waiting time... If that's the case and the results are that quick, all the better! Fair enough about wanting to be sure of clearing Level 2 before purchasing 3. I found the Mock Scenario on their En-Gage website - it doesn't have any answers so not sure if maybe it should be sent to them to mark and they send back the answers... Thanks - I think I need it lol :)
  • NicFNicF Well-Known Posts: 108Registered
    WEAF is marked by your training provider so how long it takes will depend on how fast they are. I did mine with a college and the results took forever because there was a technical problem between the college and the AAT, but other people get their results back in as little as two weeks.

Nicola
  • carriecusickcarriecusick Feels At Home Posts: 35Registered
    I got mine a week after i sat the exam! However, when i sat my CMPA, i hadn't heard anything for 3 weeks so i emailed the tutor and suprise they replied with my results, they just hadn't bothered to tell me :glare: ... So it wouldn't hurt to send them a quick email :) I got told that it is normally two weeks till you get your results, then another two weeks till they are uploaded onto MyAAT. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • L18SANL18SAN Just Joined Posts: 3Registered
    I know i am just a bit to impatient i think, i just don't like the waiting at all and compared to the other CBT's i have done where you get the provisional results straight after. I am a distance Learning student so will i actually have a Tutor? I have not been advised of this if i have
  • carriecusickcarriecusick Feels At Home Posts: 35Registered
    Well when i did mine i was told that you couldn't do the CMPA or WEAF exam without buying a distance learning package from a training provider (as apposed to just buying the books then booking the exams which is how i did it previously) the distance learning package included a tutor. When i say tutor, it was just somebody you can contact regarding the course, rather than somebody who actually teaches or tutors you. Perhaps get in touch with your training provider?

Hope this makes sense... :)
  • xanthe123xanthe123 Just Joined Posts: 3Registered
    Do you actually need Level 2 to be a qualified accountant because my local college sed that i can go onto level 3 but they weren't sure if I would be fully qualified because I have skipped Level 2
  • SashaDellaSashaDella Trusted Regular Posts: 362Registered
    xanthe123 wrote: »
    Do you actually need Level 2 to be a qualified accountant because my local college sed that i can go onto level 3 but they weren't sure if I would be fully qualified because I have skipped Level 2

You do not need it, but if you have no previous experience you may struggle with some parts of level 3! Although you could always study in your own time (without taking exams) so you know the basics.. this would help you :D
  • John BurgessJohn Burgess Just Joined Posts: 3Registered
    Please be kind its my first post lol

Thought I would post this here as my question also relates to the WEAF exam

Is the exam changed format from a project based(CBP) to a test based simliar to that of the ones for BA 1&2 and Costing? ie a CBT

Just on MyAAT i have noticed a new thing come up:
    New format assessment available by end of September 2012:
    Practice CBT 1
    Practice CBT 1 – answers

If I wait till October to take the WEAF exam will be exam be similar to the practice CBT on MyATT which i just did a quick run through and passed with it only taking 20 minutes or will it still be the traditional project based exam??

Thanks John
    I done these exams last week (and passed, subject to verification) and it was a project, nothing like the BA1/2 assessments...

I just had a look and it looks like the project-based exam will become a CBT after Sept 12...

How are you finding the rest of L2? I'm about to order L3, got Computerised Accounting to do at the end of this month and I want to get cracking right away!
  • liveprincessliveprincess Well-Known Posts: 214Registered
    Weaf is the last unit I've got to do in level 2. I also have just had a go at this practice test available on aat website and passed without studying this unit yet at all. I am thinking of starting level 3 now and leaving Weaf till later as Ilike CBT's more than projects. What do you all think about this, is it a good idea?
    It all depends on your circumstances really. I have to complete L2 as I am on a training agreement with my work. But otherwise, I would have just done BA1, BA2 and costing and moved straight onto L3. If you feel comfortable with it, you could move on and complete WEAF later... I personally just wanted it out the way as it's the most tedious thing ever! I've still got CMPA to do but I have already ordered L3 books so I can get going straight away. I'd leave CMPA if I could to be honest...
    I wanted to do WEAF last, but have it do BA1 and then WEAF I think because of exam times...
    Is WEAF completely different from the BA1 and BC modules?
    I heard its the hardest out of the 5 exams
    @johnnyboy987 thanks for that, I just sat CMPA two days ago so I was just waiting for the results and getting ready to start studying WEAF when I found out about it going to be CBT in few months. I think I will do it just for the sake of it some time later, and get my books ordered for level 3 on monday:001_smile:
    You will be ok with CMPA, have you used SAGE before?

@sashadella from what I have seen it is very different to BA1 or costing but I wouldn't say it's harder. I passed the mock exam on the AAT website without studying it at all. Maybe they made it really easy, I don't know, but it required common sense rather than any knowledge. Have a go and see how you get on.
    johnnyboy - thanks for your reply, I sat my CMPA two days ago and I was just waiting for the results and getting ready to start studying WEAF when I found out it will be available as CBT rather than project. I think I will do the WEAF some time later just for the sake of it, and on monday I will get my books ordered for level 3 :001_smile:
    don't worry about CMPA, it's not as bad as it looks at first. have you ever used sage before?

sashadella - from what I have seen CMPA is completely different to BA1 or costing, it's more about common sense than any knowledge, in my opinion. I wouldn't say it is any harder at all, I just had a go at the mock exam on the aat website just to see what is it about and passed without studying it at all. Have a go yourself and you will have an idea. Good luck
    Just took WEAF part 1... want my results NOW! I have part two at 1.. :)
    Good luck :)
    Just finished both... *sigh* of relief :001_smile:
    Lol I know what you mean! How did you get on?

I made the mistake of sitting Part A and B two days apart and drove myself mental in the interim! I checked out my Certificate of Achievement last week and thats the Certificate Level verified and completed :)
    Found part 1 harder than the mocks I had done, but both went well... Just waiting for results now!
  • PetanaPetana Feels At Home Posts: 72Registered
    SashaDella wrote: »
    Found part 1 harder than the mocks I had done, but both went well... Just waiting for results now!

Hopefully you don't have to wait for long x