IAB Payroll Course

Diddy MauDiddy Mau Well-KnownPosts: 238Registered
Hello everyone.

I was hoping some people could help me on this one.
I am nearly finished my AAT level 4, and I am now considering my next move. I have decided ACCA, CIMA etc is not for me.
I like the level I am at now, so I am considering doing a payroll course. I have seen some advertised with IAB. I was wondering if anyone has done this course, and if this can be used pratically for work purpose. As at present this is outsoursed, and I was thinking of bringing this in internally.

My other query is, to do this I need to register as a student IAB for the exams. But I have been told if I complete my Level 4 I can automaticallly appy for MIAB.
So I could be Didddy Mau MAAT MIAB. So is MIAB worth the membership, or should I stick with MAAT only. I've worked hard to get MAAT and nearly there, I dont know anything about MIAB.

Many thanks to anyone that could help me on this one

Comments

• Jo ClarkJo Clark Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 2,526Registered
    Hello Diddy Mau

Several years ago I was MIAB, however as I am employed and not working as a bookkeeper I did not really gain from having this membership and therefore could not justify the annual subscription.

I have not studied the payroll course which IAB offer but have completed one which is run through the CIPP.

I think it would be worth you making a call to both or going online to obtain further details about each of the courses to enable you to make an informed decision as to which course to follow.

You may have the website details already, however if you don't here they are:-

http://www.cipp.org.uk/
    http://www.iab.org.uk/

Sorry I can't be of much more help than that.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Diddy MauDiddy Mau Well-Known Posts: 238Registered
    Hi Jo,

thanks for this. I wasn't sure if the membership fee is worth it or not. I will stick to the MAAT, if I get it.
    I will look further into this. thanks. I didnt want to do this and find out I would need to do a lot more, before I can use it.
    It feels a bit like doing AAT2 and expecting to do be a MIP. Only example I can use
    Appreciate the additional website