Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Computerised accounting - help needed urgently (exam on Tuesday!)

AATchickAATchick Feels At HomeKentRegistered Posts: 89
Hi All, I wonder if anyone can help me?!?

I have recently studied AAT Level 2 - I have passed BA1, BA2, Basic Costing, PEAF and last week I took WEAF (I'm hoping I'll pass but results yet to come). All that is left is Computerised Accounting.

I'm really really worried about this one - basically in a nutshell we did not learn anything other than going through paper modules in how to do things so I'm feeling very unprepared. We haven't been told to buy a textbook or have access to any practice papers and I have the exam on TUESDAY!!!

I've had a look at the practice exam on MyAAT and I'm feeling a little more in the know as to what to expect, but can anyone tell me where I can download a free trial of Sage 50 so I'm able to get a little bit of practice in before Tuesday?

None of my group knew also that there's some theory involved in the exam (e.g. what's a good password, etc which I saw on the practice paper) does anyone know where I can find some online revision I can cram before Tuesday?

This is a nightmare, my work have told me I'm entitled to a pay rise if I pass all of my exams but If I fail this one only its not going to apply and I'm going to be so upset :(

Can anyone help / advise urgently?

Comments

• Jo ClarkJo Clark Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,525
    Hello AATchick

Have you visited the Sage website to see if you can obtain a free trial - I think you may be able to get 30 days but I'm not sure if it will be Sage 50.

Good luck.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo ClarkJo Clark Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,525
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jasecjasec Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 17
    Hi AATchick

If you get no joy on the SAGE website try the BPP website. its www.bpp.com/learningmedia

good luck with your studies 7 pay rise

jase
  • AATchickAATchick Feels At Home KentRegistered Posts: 89
    Thanks everyone for your fast replies!

Tried the Sage website but said I needed to download ACT8 which I couldn't get - but it worked on Jo Clark's link - thanks so much for that. Thanks for the well wishes too Jase :)

Can't thank you all enough.

If only there was a guide to tell me about the theory I'd be well away, hehe.
  • PetanaPetana Feels At Home Registered Posts: 72
    I did my exam last week and practised the assessment on MyAAT. Make sure that once you have Sage you work through the assessment. Not only they check your entries, but you are also required do provide print screens and reports. You get scored on these as well. Make sure you print the correct reports..
  • missm4ry4mmissm4ry4m Well-Known Registered Posts: 177
    Hi

The key to this exam is attention to detail. Spend an adequate amount of time on each question and read each question properly so you know exactly what to do.

Good luck!!
  • AATchickAATchick Feels At Home KentRegistered Posts: 89
    Thanks everyone.

Ive just tried the Sage 50 free trial but I'm sure it's slightly different to the one we use in college so I'm not sure if I can practice properly!!

I'm really worried about the theory side of things as we were given no material or questions to practice and the only thing I can do is try the practice assessement on AAT.

This is really bugging me how unprepared we all are in my class and this is the final exam of level 2 so I must pass!

• James PattersonJames Patterson Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 281
    Just in addition, isn't there a help option on Sage like Excel help?? If i recall correctly, if so thats a good thing to resort to if you get stuck in the exam.

If someone could tell me if im correct in saying this, or whether i am just blatantly wrong haha
  • gulabganggulabgang Registered Posts: 2
    None of my group knew also that there's some theory involved in the exam (e.g. what's a good password, etc which I saw on the practice paper)

adil
  • bill14bill14 Registered Posts: 2
    Computerised accounts! URGENT Can anyone help with task 1.6 Brookland plants especially the part where you have to input the transaction -the amount on invoice and credit note?... - clear