Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)

Sage Certification - CA (Premier) **Please Help**

SashaDellaSashaDella Trusted RegularRegistered Posts: 362
Hello!

I'm on Level 2 trying studying CA, however with Premier you do it through a Sage Certification thing instead and I have 6 workbooks to get through!

Has anyone taken this Sage exam? Is it just based on what the books say and do you suggest I know the processes inside out or just skim through it.

I am capable of using a computer system because I use one everyday and now learning how to use a different one which does the same thing just set up differently is really boring!

Do I need to know the nominals codes off by heart? and what is the exam actually like?

Thanks In Advance!!!!!!

Comments

• GemmaSGemmaS Well-Known Registered Posts: 178
    I would suggest you actually work through the text books. I sat this exam a couple of months ago and yes you do need to know some of the nominal codes. you also need to know how to navigate round it as there are certain 'live senarios' which they put you through so you should be familiar with the programme itself. There are little tests that come with the sage programme and more tests on the sage certification site which will help you decide how much you need to study/brush up on.

I use a different accounting programme at work and I used sage for a couple years in a previous job so had a bit of background, however I wouldn't have passed without refreshing what I knew and studying what I didn't! The exam is a mixture of multiple choice, true/false and live situations.

I hope this helps :D

Gemma
  • SashaDellaSashaDella Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 362
    Thanks for this!

Would you be able to find the link for the online tests for me? It says there should be links where there are none. Also some things in the workbook don't seem to be there!

And I'm having trouble "restoring" data into sage... because it doesn't default to the right folder like it says i would! I've only just finished the first workbook and will continue through.. its just hard because there is a lot to remember!
    Hi Sasha,

The link to the Sage certification tests is:

https://support.sage.co.uk/default.aspx?page=74&tab=3

Just go to test your skills for free, click the instant accounts link and choose which workbook you would like to be tested on.

I know what you mean about some of the things in the workbook not being there. This is because the books also cover Sage instant plus which has more features than Sage instant accounts.

It is a lot to remember but keep doing the tests and you'll be fine. In the home screen there is an e-learning section which also explains how to work with Sage and has some more tests

Gemma
    I should also say that the test on the website are exactly the same layout as the exam.

:D
    Brilliant thanks so much!!
    I was getting so frustrated on the phone to sage when they couldn't tell me where the restoring files were,, and when I called Premier turns out they should have sent me a CD with them on which I didn't get or lost somewhere...

And just by chance noticed the note about calling sage to upgrade the software to a full version... HAHA

Oh well.. plowing through now!!