CMPA how much?!

harw1nharw1n New MemberRegistered, Array Posts: 10
Has anybody managed to sit this assessment without a training provider? I have completed BA1&2 and BC by just buying the Kaplan text/workbooks and studying them in my own time. I pay my own fees so really want to avoid paying the 200 odd quid most providers quote just for CMPA. I have booked the exam already.

Comments

• Carrie DillerstoneCarrie Dillerstone Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    Hi Harw1n, unfortunately because this unit is assessed by either a project based exam or done by work based evidence you do have to be enrolled with a training provider. We do offer the Sage unit as a single unit and you can sit the Sage certification, so you will get a certificate directly from them once you have completed your exam. If you have any queries please feel free to contact me. Carrie Dillerstone, Premier Training.
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    Can I ask how you managed to book the exam? this unit is supposed to only be assessed by a provider. Who did you book it with?
  • harw1nharw1n New Member Registered Posts: 10
    I booked the exam by contacting my local Kaplan centre and they emailed me the enrolment form. I've finally managed to sort this out today! I can do CMPA without paying for the whole course but have to pay Kaplan an extra 50 pounds on top of the exam fee. This is an 'external student' fee they charge for a tutor to mark the project. As I already own a copy of instant accounts there is a 100 pounds + saving :001_smile:
  • Fran0240Fran0240 New Member Registered Posts: 12
    Which Kaplan centre did you book your exam at? I wonder if BPP will allow external candidates to take the exam?