Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)

New To Studying

bladesmanbladesman Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 17
Hi,

I just thought I would post this in here as my first post. I have enrolled on a level 2 AAT course as I have worked in transactional finance for over 3 years but I have been refused promotions and pay rises due to lack of qualifications.

I am quite new to studying and I have decided to do all levels of AAT from Foundation to Level 4 over a 3-4 year period. I was wondering if there are any tips to help me study at home? I have ordered all the work books I need for my level 2 course from Osborne (course requirement at my college), but wondered if there is any online software I could consider?

Any advice or help is more than welcome.

(also if I have posted in the wrong section apologies)

Thank you

Comments

• Jo ClarkJo Clark Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,525
    Welcome to the Forums

I can't think of any special software you need to consider. There are online questions in greenlight to test yourself and the practice CBA for each level.

Lots of friendly people on the forum will also be more than happy to help you if you have any questions when you are studying and need help.

Good luck! :o

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • bladesmanbladesman Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 17
    Thank you for your response.

After my induction at the college I must admit I am really looking forward to getting started.
  • SashaDellaSashaDella Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 362
    Don't worry you'll be fine :) If you want to be in the know ahead of your class I suggest just reading the osbourne books through. They are really good book and means that when you start with the class you'll be reading it for the second time!

Good Luck, I start college next week!!!!
  • James PattersonJames Patterson Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 281
    Hi Bladesman,

Welcome to AAT :)

In hindsight, the best way i prepare is due to completing all 3 levels in 18months - I always read up a chapter per week previous to completing it @ college. That way it goes in alot easier, and means you won't have to spend as long revising forgotten information!

You don't need any online software other than the AAT resources: The online practice exams and green light activities are really helpful - and thats along with all the materials from your provider.

Hope this helps.