Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

I think I have failed CMPA

tawny75tawny75 Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 22
I sat this today and I am not confident at all. I put all my opening balances with a date of 31st and not 1st! I corrected the customer and suppliers using the corrections bit on Sage but could not do the O/b's of the nominal accounts.

Oh well, if I have to resit, at least I know what I did wrong :blushing:

Comments

• coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 794
    tawny75 wrote: »
    I sat this today and I am not confident at all. I put all my opening balances with a date of 31st and not 1st! I corrected the customer and suppliers using the corrections bit on Sage but could not do the O/b's of the nominal accounts.

Oh well, if I have to resit, at least I know what I did wrong :blushing:

Was it 31st of the correct month or 31st of the previous month? eg if it was meant to be 1st Jan did you do 31st Jan or 31st Dec? If you did 31st of the correct month you might just get away with it.
  • tawny75tawny75 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 22
    It was 31st of the correct month, so fingers crossed...
  • Brownie3Brownie3 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 45
    It's unlikely that inputting an incorrect date would lose you sufficient points to fail Section 1 of the
    exam.
  • tawny75tawny75 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 22
    Yay I passed it, the dates were not even mentioned, I only got one thing wrong all the way through. Just WEAF next
    wednesday and I am done :)
  • Pearce161Pearce161 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 57
    well done, nothing to worry about all along!