Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Anyone sat the new WEAF exam?

CountrybumpkinCountrybumpkin Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 52
Hi,

Has anyone sat the new WEAF exam? If so, how did it compare to the practice assessment on myAAT?

It's a shame that's there's only 1 practice assessment (and no greenlight test) in the new format available at the minute, I usually find them really handy for revision.

Comments

• lucindalucinda Just Joined Registered Posts: 1
    Sat the WEAF yesterday

Hi,
    I sat the WEAF exam yesterday and it was exactly the same format as the online practice assessment although some things are worded differently. I passed, I have to say doing the CBT was much easier than the project would have been.
  • CountrybumpkinCountrybumpkin Feels At Home Registered Posts: 52
    Well done lucinda! Phew, that's good to hear. I've got mine next week and i've found that's there's not many online resources available to test myself. The AAT practice assessment was really straightforward and easy so i was hoping you would say the same about the actual exam :001_smile: Thanks!
  • BhavinBhavin New Member Registered Posts: 8
    Extra Practice Exams?

Wondering if you could email AAT directly to provide/upload extra exam papers for WEAF?

Regards,

Bhavin
  • Rachie278Rachie278 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 55
    I did the exam a while ago, and i did it in about 25 mins! I really don't think they need to do any more practice assesments for it, anything that you really don't know, you could probably hazard a guess! If you pass the practice exam, you'll be totally fine :)
  • BhavinBhavin New Member Registered Posts: 8
    Thanks Rachie I heard a lot of roamers about it being extremely easy :001_smile:
  • Duracell BunnyDuracell Bunny New Member Registered Posts: 7
    I have this exam today so fingers crossed I pass :cool2:
  • liveprincessliveprincess Well-Known Registered Posts: 214
    Hi good luck with your WEAF exam. I'm doing mine tomorrow. I would very appreciate if you could let me know waht was it like? Thanks
  • Duracell BunnyDuracell Bunny New Member Registered Posts: 7
    Hi, I passed :) and thanks.

It was pretty straight forward, the exact same layout as the practice assessment but just worded differently. It's mainly common sense, so if it sounds daft don't use that as the answer lol, take your time make sure you answer all of it and just double check your answers to ensure you clicked on the one you wanted.

All the best and good luck! :)
  • RobClarkeRobClarke Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 820
    Happy to confirm all the above comments. Just got back from sitting this one an hour or so ago and was all very straight forward. Most were finished and out of the builiding within 20 to 30 minutes :)
    Yeah same with me. Can't really see the point of this exam (apart from 50 quid per head they are getting from it), I haven't learn anything from it.
    Yeah same with me. Can't really see the point of this exam (apart from 50 quid per head they are getting from it), I haven't learn anything from it.

I totally agree, did seem a waste of everyones time and money but it had to be done I guess!
  • BlueberryBlueberry New Member Registered Posts: 9
    Can someone please clarify to me that the two part practice assessment has been stopped? I've practiced the first two parts you can download to Word from the AAT (CBP), and then also the practice CBT and there's only a part 1. What happened to part 2 if so? I just passed the practise CBT and I'm unsure whether to book this exam.

I hope this wasn't too confusing!
  • CountrybumpkinCountrybumpkin Feels At Home Registered Posts: 52
    Looking at the date of my original post, the old style (2-part CBP) WEAF finished in at the end of August, no exams were scheduled in September and then the new exam (1 part CBA) started in October 2012. Unfortunately, i timed this all wrong and was ready for this exam in Sept but had to wait till Oct to sit it. I got a case of bad nerves with all the waiting around.

If you've practised the AAT example and passed with ease, i think you'll be fine and should go for it. I think we've all been worried that the AAT example has lulled us into a false sense of security because of it's simplicity in comparison to other modules but it really is that easy (as many others have mentioned too). Go for it and keep us posted. Good luck!
    I'm glad I waited until it was possible to sit the CBA rather than a project. It was much easier.
  • tuhkimotuhkimo New Member Registered Posts: 7
    I'm so glad I found this thread! :) I've been quite nervous about sitting the WEAF exam. It just seems too easy! This is my last exam at level 2 and I'm just wondering if I should go and do the exam now and hope for the best... I've read through the book I've got from my distance learning provider and made notes on things I thought is important. I don't actually feel like I've learnt anything. 95% of the stuff in the book is just common sense and the remaining 5% seems to be useless information. I passed the practice test on the AAT website, so guess I am ready for the real thing...

Is there anyone out there who actually thought this exam was hard??? To me it seems strange that the old version seemed to be so much more in depth than what this new version is...
    I sat this one with about 20 other people. I have had contact with most of the 20 and none of them struggled at all.
    Thanks RobClarke! So would you say that it's mostly questions based on just common sense?
    tuhkimo wrote: »
    Thanks RobClarke! So would you say that it's mostly questions based on just common sense?

Yes I would say so! Without stating the obvious - just read the questions carefully to make sure you understand what they are asking. With some of the multiple choice options are so silly there can only really be one correct one - and this would be obvious even without alot of study (in my opinion!)
    Thank RobClarke! I've booked myself in to do the exam in the first week of February. So fingers crossed it all goes well... :)
    tuhkimo wrote: »
    Thank RobClarke! I've booked myself in to do the exam in the first week of February. So fingers crossed it all goes well... :)

I am sure you will be fine - not heard of anyone failing this one yet!
  • BlueberryBlueberry New Member Registered Posts: 9
    This has made me feel much better about the exam so I've booked it! My workbook was from before they changed the exam though (kaplan) and I've seen that Osborne have an updated version.. Does everyone have the updated version or think its not necessary? I'm just feeling a bit silly waiting around for the exam now and not revising. There's only so many times you can go over the one practice assessment on here!:laugh:
    I used the Osborne new editions - workbook and tutorial but have no idea how much that differs from the one you have.
    Blueberry wrote: »
    This has made me feel much better about the exam so I've booked it! My workbook was from before they changed the exam though (kaplan) and I've seen that Osborne have an updated version.. Does everyone have the updated version or think its not necessary? I'm just feeling a bit silly waiting around for the exam now and not revising. There's only so many times you can go over the one practice assessment on here!:laugh:

Hi Blueberry,

I so know how you feel! :) I'm doing level 2 as distance learning through Kaplan and also have the old version of the WEAF book. In general I have found the Kaplan books a bit rubbish (a lot of mistakes etc)... But I'm sure that using this older version will be fine. I've got my exam next Tuesday and feel exactly the same way as you. Kind of just waiting for it to be over. I've been going over my notes, but keep thinking that everything is so self explanotary and if I haven't learnt the stuff by now I don't think I ever will! :) I just really hope that the real exam is as easy as the practice one. Then again I can't see how it could be difficult!

When have you booked your exam for?
    RobClarke wrote: »
    I am sure you will be fine - not heard of anyone failing this one yet!

update - ok I heard of one person who did fail :ohmy:
    Hi I studied this with the old Kaplan book but also looked at the new version of their book and there is hardly any difference. This exams really tests skills that you should have acquired during your life (simple calculations, spelling, writing emails and stuff) No book will teach you this, no matter how new it is. I think I completely wasted 4 days reading it all. Exam is really as easy as the practice assessment. Nothing to worry about. You will be fine
    Hello,

I sat my WEAF exam yesterday and passed it, so that's level 2 done. :) For anyone who is nervous about this exam - don't be! The questions were very similar to the ones in the practice exam on the AAT website. If you can answer those questions, you'll be absolutely fine with the real thing! I think I would have passed the exam even without reading the text book. It's all really about common sense and being accurate, not really things you can study for...
  • vyas2210vyas2210 Just Joined Registered Posts: 6
    Is it worth me paying £185 to BPP? or would it be better to just purchase the book and use the practice exam to prepare?
    I would say you don't really even need the book... Do the practice exam now and if you pass you will pass the real one.
    I would say you don't really even need the book... Do the practice exam now and if you pass you will pass the real one.

totally agree with the above