Chartered Accountant Needed

Options
RS1069
RS1069 Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. The reason I am on it is because AAT said it might be a good way of getting a recommendation of a good local chartered accountant who can prepare statutory accounts for my client. I have done all the bookkeeping and profit & loss, but am unable to file accounts.

Comments

• reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    RS1069 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. The reason I am on it is because AAT said it might be a good way of getting a recommendation of a good local chartered accountant who can prepare statutory accounts for my client. I have done all the bookkeeping and profit & loss, but am unable to file accounts.

The AAT stands for the "Association of Accounting Technicians" (i.e. not chartered accountants).

I've found a link off google re: "Find a chartered accountant":

http://www.icaew.com/en/about-icaew/find-a-chartered-accountant

If your client does not exceed the audit threshold you may find using an AAT to file the accounts cheaper than using a chartered accountant to file the accounts.

Please find a link to a "cheaper accountant" (his words not mine):

http://www.cheaperaccountant.co.uk/

Why do you specifically need a chartered accountant?
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    As members in Practice ,depending on our licenses, we can prepare and file accounts.

As Reader says why specifically do you need a chartered accountant?

If you are looking for something competitive and need a chartered accountant then CheapAccounting.co.uk have chartered accountants... www.cheapaccounting.co.uk

please feel free to PM me if you want more information on anything.
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    pirate wrote: »
    As members in Practice ,depending on our licenses, we can prepare and file accounts.

My sentiments exactly; you don't need to be chartered to prepare accounts. Indeed, you don't even need to be AAT but, if you are AAT, then you must be licensed under the MiP scheme.

You'll find a whole host of people on here (in the Members in Practice forum, for example) who are licensed by the AAT to prepare statutory accounts.

Of course, if the company turns over more than £6.5m then, whilst the accounts can be prepared by an AAT MiP (or an unqualified accountant), they will also need to be audited, which would need to be by a chartered accountant.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jamesm96 wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly; you don't need to be chartered to prepare accounts. Indeed, you don't even need to be AAT but, if you are AAT, then you must be licensed under the MiP scheme.

You'll find a whole host of people on here (in the Members in Practice forum, for example) who are licensed by the AAT to prepare statutory accounts.

Of course, if the company turns over more than £6.5m then, whilst the accounts can be prepared by an AAT MiP (or an unqualified accountant), they will also need to be audited, which would need to be by a chartered accountant.

QFT.

You don't need a chartered accountant, unless there is an audit requirement.
  • jamesm96
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    QFT.

What's Quantum Field Theory got to do with it?:001_tt2:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    "Quoted for Truth"

Not "Quite Flippin* True"

*santitised for professional forum use

:lol:
  • jamesm96
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    You don't need a chartered accountant, unless there is an audit requirement.

Even then, I noticed whilst completing my MiP renewal this week that we can (if appropriately experienced / trained) also be licensed to carry out limited Assurance assignments for companies and Independent Examinations for charities (and yes, I did apply to include them on my licence this year). I am constantly impressed by the AAT. A superb regulatory body. Well done you, AAT.
Privacy Policy